Chapter 26

"Hey mom"

Tsunade jumped when she heard Athena's voice behind her. She quickly turned around to find the girl standing there with a neutral expression. Tsunade sighed. How is Athena so silent? It's hard to detect the child and she had a tendency to appear out of nowhere. Sometimes she would smile about it. It must amuse her. Other times she didn't seem to notice.

Tsunade had got down to her daughter's height. She opened her arms and Athena practically fell into them. She heard her offspring sigh in content. She wonder if she had missed her as well. She didn't tend to openly admit such things, so Tsunade would have to read between the lines. If she's relaxing in her hug and doesn't appear to want to leave anytime soon then it was safe to assume that the eight year old had missed her mother.

Tsunade figured she wasn't the only one who grew attached.

"How was your mission"

Athena shrugged. "Easy enough"

"Did anyone come after you? "

"Chunin level ninja. I handled that as soon as it started. Easy prey"

Tsunade giggled. She could only imagine what Athena had done to those ninja. She's not one for violence but she could be very brutal if she had to resort to it. Tsunade had seen what she could do when she was tasked with interrogating a suspect. She had her ways.

"Where is Naruto? " Tsunade asked. She was sure the two would run into each other. She had pulled away from Athena, who did not seem too happy with that, although she didn't say anything. Tsunade had the laugh at the displeased look Athena had on her face.

"Awe, you missed your mommy" Shizune teased and poked Athena's cheek. The child groaned and looked away. She wasn't one to admit feelings and didn't exactly like being teased about it.

TonTon had bumped her snout against Athena's legs making the child look down. The pig sat at her feet, looking up defiantly. She snorted.

"What's your deal? If you want me to pick you up, don't look like you're doing me a favor" Athena scolded as she held the pig in front of her. They had an interesting relationship. To anyone not used to them it would seem as if they didn't like each other. Shizune and Tsunade knew better. TonTon was always there when Athena had nightmares. She was always there when the girl wandered off on her own. She was always there when the girl trained on her own. The pig just refused to show that she cared because Athena always calls her pig.

"Tsundere pig"

That earned her and angered snort and hooves on the face.

"Tsunade my love"

Tsunade immediately adopted an annoyed look when she heard Jiraiya's voice. She turned to face the pervert with her usual glare. Naruto stood next to the Sage, an innocent look on his face

"She's angry at you. What did you do Pervysage? " he asked as he looked between the two. "Did you try to get a peek? "

Jiraiya laughed a perverted laugh as he glanced at the boy. "Oh believe me, I got more than a peek"

Naruto blinked. What did he mean by that? He couldn't ask because Tsunade's fist met the sage's face and sent him flying into the nearest tree. Naruto stared in shock.

"Holy cow! "He exclaimed and looked from the pained Jiraiya to the angry Tsunade who was stomping her way towards the man. "She going to kick his ass! "

Naruto was way to excited for that. He watched with an amazed smile as Tsunade tore him a new one.

"Yeah, kick his ass! "He cheered as he watched Tsunade abuse the hell out of Jiraiya.