Chapter 17

Having spotted a blob of orange and blonde Athena instinctively stepped aside and out of the way of direct impact. Naruto stumbled, not being able to control his velocity, and fell face first on the floor. He groaned in pain as he slowly pulled himself into a seating position. All eyes in the office were on him and he blushed a mighty red. He chuckled nervously as she stood up and dusted off his clothes. He glanced at Athena a bit apologetic.

"Sorry, I forgot again"

Athena nodded with a small smile and patted his shoulder. It had been a while since the two last saw each other. She wondered how he's been. Hopefully he had no problems when it came to shops and bullies. She had told him to inform her of such things anytime they met. He looked a lot better. He had more muscle on his body and he seems to have grown an inch or two. He's almost at her height. Athena nodded to herself, proud of his growth. That's all she wanted. She wanted him to be healthy and happy. He seemed happy so she'll call it a job well done. She planned on carrying him out for ramen later.

Currently there was some important business to handle.

She stood in the Hokage office. Naruto beside her. Her parents were seated and Kakashi stood to one side, looking disinterested. He's somehow always in these little meeting. Maybe because he's Athena's current care taker. Or at least he was.

This meeting was something she requested. Her parents planned on leaving in two days. She had made sure they included Naruto in their plans. It wasn't hard seeing as he is indeed their god kid. So of course they would take him under their wing with the old man's permission. That was already cleared and out of the way. The only issue remaining was Naruto himself. Or rather his lack of information. Athena had told the old man that it was time to let the cat out of the bag. Naruto needed to know. The sooner the better. If he knows now he'll have some closure. He'll understand why the village has a distaste for him. He'll work a lot harder because of it. He needed to know who his parents are. To claim his father's name and be the genius she knew he was. He just needed guidance. And that is something she knew her parents could give him.

"What's going on Gramps? "

Athena caught the old man's eyes and glared a determined glare. He was not going to back out of this. Not while she was there.

"It is time I told you of your parents and the power you hold"

~~~~~~~~

Naruto was frozen to the spot. Did he hear correctly. Did the old man just say that he would reveal the identy of his parents to him? That he would tell him of the power he held? He was going to find out who his parents were. That thought made him happy and afraid at the same time. What if they didn't want him? What if that is why he ended up alone? What if they, like everyone else in the village, hated him from the moment they laid eyes on him? Were they still alive? What if they did love him. Where were they now? Are they alive out there somewhere? Are they dead? If so how did they die? Was it his fualt? Maybe it was. A lot of things were his fualt. He never meant to hurt anyone and yet it seemed as if he always did. Maybe he hurt his parents. Maybe he was the reason he was alone.

"I didn't plan on telling you any of this until you were older, but Athena insisted I tell you now before you leave" the old man said as he blew out the smoke he received from his pipe.

Leave? He was leaving? No one said anything about that to him. Athena sure didn't say anything about leaving. He was confused. He looked to Athena for answers, but he only got a reassuring smile as she motioned for him to return his attention to the old man. He did as she silently instructed. Athena has never led him astray or done anything to hurt him. He would trust her. If she hadn't told him about him leaving she had her reason. It was either not the right time or she was just being Athena. Not saying anything until she is asked.