Chapter 19

The gate to Konoha. As Athena stood before it she could not help but think back to the first time she stumbled upon it. The emotions she felt. The confusion. The excitement. She allowed herself a smile. The gate was as impressive as ever. It still made her feel very small. Maybe it's because she was actually small. The first time she stood before the gate she didn't know who she was. She didn't what she was doing there. She didn't anything. But now. Now she did. She knew who she was. She was Athena Senju. Daughter to legendary Sanin Tsunade and Jiraiya. God sister to Naruto Uzumaki. God daughter to the late Minato and Kushina. She was Athena. The girl with mental health issues. The girl who doubted herself even though she told herself not to. The girl who is too afraid to face her path. But that's alright. She'll accept it. That is who she is. Every fear can be conquered. She'd be strong enough to face her past one day. One day soon. She owed it to her parents. She owed it to does who cared. She owed it to herself. She couldn't hold onto her past the way she did. She was holding herself back.

She needed to move on.

That will take some time.

"Wow, I never left the village before"

Athena looked at the excited child next to her. Naruto. It was the day they leave for training. She would be going with her mother. He with her father. The two got along very well. Naruto has taken do copying Jiraiya's odd posses. It was amusing. As it was at the moment, the boy appeared to be buzzing with excitement. He was obviously overjoyed with the fact that he is going to train to be a ninja.

Athena had requested this of the old man that day Hinata made her believe in herself. That is the day she decided not to second guess herself. That is the day she decided and changes needed to be made. She would take it into her own hands to make things better. She always believed that Jiraiya should have raided Naruto. He was his god father and yet he was never around while he was growing up. If he had started to act as the title he was bestowed Naruto would have been an impressive gennin. Rivaling Sasuke in everything. She needed to make sure Naruto received training from a young age. She needed to make sure Naruto was aware of the fox at a young age. She needed to make sure Naruto was aware of his heritage at a young age. It will all prove to make him stronger.

There was something she only recently noticed. She asked herself how she had failed to see it on occasions where she spent time with her cheerful god brother. He had a necklace. One similar to hers. A teardrop necklace. When she saw it she questioned her parents and they informed her that they were the same. They both contained chakra. So she took it upon herself to ask them what use the necklace serves. Why it held their chakra. The answer was that she would know when she needed to.

So she left that in the corner for a moment.

"You won't be seeing the village for some time" Athena turned to the boy and motioned to his home. He would be gone for as long as she would. Like her he would be trains by both sannin for three years each. The last year he will spend by himself or possibly with Athena herself.  She was curious as to what would become of her friend when he has trained under her mother. An understanding of medical ninjutu? Better control over his chakra? Chakra enhanced attacks? She didn't know. Tsunade may choose to train the boy differently than she herself.

"I know, but when I come back I'll be strong" he had this pure innocent look in his eyes. It was one his adorable moments. The moments where Athena couldn't help but smile. As she looked at him she wondered how much he would change. Or wouldn't. Would he loose the orange? He's supposed to be a ninja, yet he wears bright clothing that call for attention. Will he learn to be more calm? Level headed? Will he start to behave more seriously? Or will his remain the same?

Only time will tell.

"Yes you will. Very strong" she raised her fist. "This is where we part ways for now, brother"