Chapter 31

Naruto stared at himself in the mirror. More specifically, he stared at the diamond mark on his forehead. He thought it was cool. Tsunade had taught him how to create it. He had to add a larger amount of chakra into it than she did. He was told it was the same for Athena. She had huge chakra reserves as well. The seal helped him out a lot. He gained better control of his chakra. It had been two and a half years since he started training under Tsunade. He had successfully learned how to purify his chakra and gained incredible chakra control. He was proud of it. He could heal people without fear of harming them. It made him a more versatile ninja. He had a lot under his belt.

He had the rasengan. The toad summons and the slug summons. Multiple wind style jutsu. He was skilled in Bukijutsu, although his main weapons became the special kunai his father had suggested. He was a skilled martial artist. He liked to see himself as a good strategist. He had almost perfect chakra control despite everything. He could reinforce his strength with chakra. He had Tsunade's special seal. He could use medical ninjutsu. He could manifest chakra chains. The Flying thunder god technique.

The list went on and on. The one thing he still had to conquer was the tailed beast within him. He was afraid to try anything for he feared losing control. Athena had told him she could help him and would when they had to travel on their own. For the time being he should not worry. He trusts Athena and did as suggested. He didn't think about it too much.

His father had taught him everything he knew. Once he could teach him no more his mother appeared again. He wondered why they had to show up individually to train him, but could be together after training. He didn't know and did not care. Together they would tell him a lot about their childhood a life together. They would also spar wit him, teaching him new fighting styles.

"Naruto are you ready? We'll leave without you if you take your time"

Shizune was at his door. At the question and warning, Naruto quickly pulled on his jacket and equipped his book in his pouch. He was standing in front of Shizune with a smile.

"Do you have everything? "She asked and looked around his room just in case the boy had forgotten something.

"Yes I have everything "Naruto reassured as he started to shuffle her out of his room and into the living area. Tsunade was waiting by the door with TonTon by her side.

"What took you so long Naruto? "Tsunade asked. "You always complain about us girls taking forever to get ready when you just took your time"

Naruto laughed sheepishly. "My head was in the clouds"

"Of course it was " Tsunade ruffled his already messy hair and motioned for him to step out the door. "Time to go"

~~~~~~~~~~

Naruto adorned a happy smile as he enjoyed the ramen Shizune had ordered him. It was getting close to the night and they had just arrived in the next village. They found a bar/restaurant that served ramen and decided to stop for some food. Naruto and Shizune ate while Tsunade enjoyed the bar part of the establishment.

Ramen was Naruto's reward for doing so well in training. They always took him out to eat when he worked especially hard. They would get him anything he wanted, which is just Ramen when he could.

He had six months of training remaining. After that it was off on his own with Athena. They could choose to go do their own thing individually, but they decided against it. Athena could help him with a lot of things and he liked being around her. It was a win win in his book.

He wondered what else Tsunade could teach him. She had taught him even more wind style jutsu. He learned that she had four affinities, while he just had the one. He wanted to work on developing another. Maybe lightning or fire. They are cool.