chapter 6

Athena currently found herself experiencing great disappointment. That was an emotion she hadn't felt in a while. Well here it is. Disappointment. What exactly had her so disappointed?

She spent half the day doing nonsense with Naruto. They ate ramen. They played in the playground, after Athena chased the bullies. She tried to teach him something about chakra. Keyword, tried. They did lots of entertaining stuff and now they stood in the door of Naruto's apartment.

Disappointment.

"Your room looks like a garbage heap" She said bluntly.

Naruto chuckled nervously and looked away in embarrassment.

"Sorry, about that"

Athena looked at him. Then at the mess of a room. She sighed and carefully stepped in. She maneuvered her way through the mess and made her way to the fridge.

Disappointment.

There was almost nothing in there. The cabinets all had instant ramen in them. She looked back at Naruto who now looked like a scolded puppy.

"Is Ramen all you eat? No wonder you're so short. How are you supposed to grow if you do not eat properly? "

Naruto couldn't look at her and twisted nervously.

"Well they don't let me into stores. And when they do they give me such high prices that I can't pay for anything. The only place that let's me in is Ichiraku and Teuchi always gives me these cup noodles"

Athena glared at the noodles. She knew Naruto got bad treatment but that is just too much.

"Naruto, we are going to clean this place up and then you're coming with me, understood?"

The other blonde nodded immediately.

"Good"

Athena looked around for some gloves. Once found she and Naruto wielded them and got to work.

First order of business: throw everything out

The amount of trash that was adorning the floor was it's own  joke. The smell of the place was almost sickening. She's sure something died in some corner. Together with Naruto she cleared the floor of anything that belonged in the trash. In the end they had two full trash bags. Seriously.

Second on the list : the dishes

Naruto looked like he never once did the dishes. For all Athena knew that might as well be correct. She was almost convinced to let him sit it out, but she shook that thought out her head. Naruto needed to know to clean his apartment. He was not getting out of it. Athena washed. Naruto dried. The process took time seeing as they're short five year olds with tiny hands. Eventually everything was spotless and in their place.

Next up : sweeping brushing and moping

The two swept the entire house. From bedroom to living room. Athena would not stand to see one spec of dirt on the floor. The dust was dumped in one of the trash bags in a corner. By the end of it the floor had a different color. After that they got to brushing off any stains left on the floor, carpet or furniture. They got everything out, double checking to make sure. Lastly they got a mop and a bucket of water and got to work.

With that done the place looked brand new. The last thing on their list was Naruto's bed. Athena showed him how to properly make it so it doesn't get messed up as easily. She also told him to always make his bed after he got up in the morning.

"Wow this place feels so different"

"Because it's clean, Naruto. Make sure to keep it that way"