chapter 5

Early morning the next day Kakashi was surprisingly up and ready. He got himself cleaned up and made some breakfast for him and his little companion. The day before she had wandered off on her own after her meeting with the Hokage. He spent some time looking for her only to find her sitting at the KIA stone running her hands across the names imprinted there. It's the first he'd seen a child as young as her sit there and show their respect. He had decided to join her.

He could still remember the conversation they had.

~~~~~~~~

"Why do humans always fight? " Athena asked quietly. Her voice was somber as she stared at the stone.

Kakashi was quiet. He didn't have an answer to that. He himself had always wondered as well. It's seems that the only things humans are good at is fighting and raging war.

"Humans can be very disturbing creatures" Athena said at some point. "They are ungrateful. Hateful. Greedy. Hostile. Selfish. Thinking only of themselves and not giving two cents about others. Humans are scum"

Kakashi glanced at the child. Athena at that moment was radiating sadness. Depression. Anger and disappointment. He had noted that she was going through some emotional trauma, but she always pretended to be alright. At that moment though she wasn't hiding her emotion.

"All they do is take until there's nothing left and then they leave you to die. Take your trust and use it against you. Take your kindness to take advantage of you" She chuckled dryly. "They kill innocent in the name of peace"

Kakashi watched as the child shifted and brought her knees to her chest. 

"Minato and Kushina. They didn't deserve to die. They just had a child. They were going to be happy. Shower him with all the love and affection they could. Naruto was supposed to have that. The love and adoration of a parent. But as all things go... Someone had to stomp on their parade and drown all their dreams in the blood of the innocent" Athena said. "The Uchihas well known and feared. They were suspected to be involved in the incident five years back. The fox was clearly being controlled and what other clan has that ability? Yes, an Uchiha was involved. He belonged to this very village but not anymore. The Uchihas present had nothing to do with it, yet they weren't given room to prove themselves. "

Kakashi widened his eyes slightly. It was clear to him that Athena knew exactly who was controling the nine tails. She confirmed that it was indeed an Uchiha but not one currently in the village. He might have to tell the Hokage.

"Your father, white fang of the leaf. An amazing Ninja, broke the rules to save someone on a mission. Instead of being honered his name was ridiculed because he broke the rules. As i said, humans are ungrateful. He saved their life's yet they talk bad about him" Athena sighed. "It's like Obito said, those who break the rules are scum but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum"

Again Kakashi was shocked by Athena's knowledge. She knew of his father and teammate. She even knew the quote that changed his perspective on life.

"At least there are some good Human beings in this world" She said. "Naruto with a heart as pure as gold and determination rivaling it. Hinata the purest creature you will ever find. She's too good for this cruel world"

Athena sighed again and stood up.

"I think we should head home"

~~~~~~~~~~

Kakashi approached the door behind which Athena should be. He knocked before pushing it open. Inside Athena was already dressed in training clothes and sitting on the window sill staring out the window with the same eyes she had yesterday. She seemed to be trying to decide if the world was worth anything at all. Kakashi was still a bit confused about her. She can be happy. He saw it himself. When she met him and the rest of the jonin. When she spoke to Naruto. And when she met Hinata. She was genuinely happy.