Chapter 41

Athena was perched up on a tree branch, hidden from sight. She was eyeing the three clashing ninja. Naruto and Sasuke were doing their jobs and leading Kakashi straight to her trap. She could feel Hinata's chakra nearby but she couldn't see her. That was good. As it was, Athena was relaxed. She had her short swords strapped to her back, ready to be used. She had her special kunai. Her shuriken. All her seals and even her medical supply. Of course she also had her drawing pad safe in her back pouch. She just had to wait.

Kakashi had to take the boys serious. How were they working together so well? They just met the other day. He wouldn't be surprised if Athena and Naruto showed impeccable teamwork, but he was not expecting what he was faced with. They went together perfectly. When it wasn't Naruto, it was Sasuke. He wasn't offered any time to breathe. They were always there.

Kakashi had to make some distance when Sasuke was a bit too close for comfort. The boy was already throwing handsigns and he knew what was coming. He didn't see Naruto so he needed to be very careful. He couldn't see any kunai nearby either. Where was the blonde?

"Fire style: Fire ball jutsu"

Kakashi saw it coming and managed to get away. The second he did he spotted Naruto above him. He didn't use any handsign but he was readying a jutsu. He's Minato's son alright. What he planned on aiming at him was unknown, and that made it dangerous.

Kakashi made to make distance again. He used substitution jutsu to dodge the group of shuriken Sasuke sent towards him. He sighed in relief when he landed on a tree branch. That didn't last long because Naruto was suddenly behind him and grinning brightly.

"Wind style: Air Pocket Bursts"

Kakashi was pushed back by a burst of wind near him. He almost lost his footing on the branch and decided to land on the ground. He was right back where he started and Naruto was nowhere to be seen. There was no sign of Sasuke either.

Athena was smiling. Perfect. They pushed him right back where he began. Right on her trap. With a silent jump she landed behind the ninja. He didn't notice her right away, but when he did, it was too late.

Athena had her fingers dug into the ground as she activated her trap. She sent chakra through the earth and straight to her apple seeds. She hummed happily when she saw wood suddenly burst out of the ground. It was fast enough that Kakashi couldn't get away. The growing trees took hold of his legs and quickly climbed up his body, keeping a tight grip on him.

Kakashi looked to Athena and met her eyes. She was smiling, but she wasn't moving. Kakashi's hands weren't restrained yet, so he could still try to get out with a substitution jutsu.

Athena took a deep breath as she focused on finding Hinata's chakra. Once found she held onto it.

Hinata ignored the wave of nausea she felt once she was quickly brought to another location. She had to focus on stopping Kakashi from getting out and quickly retrieve the bells. She activated her Byakugan. If she blocked the right chakra point she could successfully stop him from succeeding.

Kakashi knew what was coming. If he didn't perform the justsu quickly Hinata would disable him.

Damn.

Hinata hit the right spots and put an end to Kakashi's plan. He could do nothing. He sighed and gave in. Hinata looked at him cautiously. He didn't move so she reached for the bells. Just as she did everything around her changed. She was suddenly falling. She could feel the wind whistling in her ear and could see the fast approaching ground.

A genjutsu.

It was broken the moment she realized it.

Kakashi sighed. It was worth a try. It was also his way of testing her skills. Hyuga's can easily detect and break out of genjutsu, for obvious reason.