chapter 3

Kakashi was again making his way through the village. He and Athena had left the ramen shop much to Naruto's dismay. Again the ninja was deep in thought. He had observed the interaction between the two five year olds. The statement Naruto made was still fresh in his head. He finally found out what was bothering the five year old. The emotion in her eyes. He understood the feeling. He went through it as well. It's one of the reasons he wore a mask. Even so there was obviously more to the Senju than plain loneliness. It's just a part of what she's feeling.

"Where are we going? "

Kakashi didn't answer and instead walked right into a store. He held the door open for the small girl and she wandered in with a curious look in her eyes.

"You need daily necessities and anything to help with your training"

"I get kunai and shuriken? "

"Yes, but you wont use them until I think you're ready"

"How about paper bombs or any type of seals? "

"Yes" Kakashi walked around the store collecting everything he thought she would need. He would be taking care of a child now and would need the proper supplies. Luckily the store he brought her to had everything. From Kunai to nightwear. While he collected any ninja related objects Athena was tasked with collecting her own clothes. He limited her to five ninja outfits. Five casual wear and two night wear. He figured it should be more than enough for a five year old.

He was expecting Athena to take a long time with his task. Children always want everything they see and being limited makes them indecisive. Kakashi was ready to stick around the store for at least more than thirty minutes. To his pleasant surprise Athena got what she needed in no time at all. All her clothes had the same color scheme. Red and black. It was easy for Kakashi to see the those two colors were two of her favorites.

Having done their shopping the pair made their way to Kakashi's house.

~~~~~~~~~~

Athena shifted slightly as she adjusted her way of sitting. She folded her feet beneath her sitting Indian style. The grass brushed against the exposed lower half of her legs as the wind blew in her hair. She felt very calm. Something she didn't  experience much.

She was staring at Kakashi seated across from her. He hadn't said a word since she sat before him. The second they arrived at his house he instructed her to take a shower and change into suitable clothes. They start training immediately. Athena didn't mind. Better sooner than later. She was however curious about how she would be trained. She knew how Kakashi could be so it was hard telling what he would let her do.

"Do you know what chakra is? "

Of course she knew what chakra is. She looked at him with raised eyebrow. Did he really think she didn't know such things? The Hokage did make it clear to him that she had info about the world.

"Yes I do"

"How much do you know? "

Athena blinked. How much? She knew it all. Naruto was what she spent most of her time watching and reading. She probably watched the entire thing more than two times. Certain things are burned into her memory. Even if she hadn't watched Naruto with full attention she would still remember Almost everything the happened in the anime. Her memory was impressive. She wouldn't say she had photographic memory. It's more like she remembers what is said and written. It proved helpful in school.

"Chakra is essential to even the most basic technique. Through various methods, the most common of which is hand seals, chakra can be controlled and manipulated to create an effect that would not be possible otherwise, such as walking on water, exhaling fire, or creating illusions. Chakra is ordinarily not visible to the unaided eye unless it is highly concentrated or manifested in large amounts. This is rarely seen due to the restrictions of eight specific tenketsu known as the Eight Gates, which limit the amount of chakra an individual can release at a single given time" Athena explained flawlessly. She had read that on Wikipedia once. Once she reads or hears something she does not forget. It didn't matter how long ago she read or heard it. She would remember it when she needed to.