Chapter 15

A feeling of dread washed over the blonde as she stood in front of the familiar gate to the leaf. How long had it been since she last stepped foot in this village? Five years. It had been five years. Five years since the attack. Five years since she lost her. She left and she never wanted to return. It was too painful. Everyone she loves. They all met their end. All in this village. All because of her. She should have protected her. She should have kept her close.

Why has she returned? She swore that she would never do such a thing. Did she not? Then what is she doing here? She wanted to leave. To turn on her heels and walk away. To forget that her teacher had summoned on her. It was urgent he has said. Very critical. She needed to return. He needed to return. Why? She didn't know. What she did know was that she wanted to get it over with and go. Leave and never return.

It was too painful.

She walked the streets of the village. Her mind was not focused. There was a haze covering her. So many thoughts. So many emotions. So many memories. The most prominate one being that of five years ago. October tenth. The day she gave birth to her daughter. When she first found out she was pissed. She was angry with the damn pervert. And she was angry with herself. How could she have done such a thing? She was drunk, but even then she should've stopped it. Instead she woke up beside the bastard the next day. She scoft to herself. Such a fool, that man. But her anger faded. It was replaced by an odd joy. Why was she suddenly so happy? She was pregnant. She was carrying a child. She would give birth to a child. A new life. It made her feel something. Something so unknown, but so warm? It was a comforting feeling.

She smiled at the memory. She had been so happy at the prospect of being a mother. She would have a child. The fact that it was that Of the idiot sage meant nothing. She would be a mother.

The joy she felt was otherworldly.

She would take very good care of her child. She wanted to be the best mother. To shower her schild in so much love. She would be there for her. Teach her. Guide her. Help her. Support her. She looked forward to it. She would make sure to give them anything they could ever want.

Those dreams were crushed on the very day she was born.

She was so small. So fragile. So soft. So innocent. She could still remember holding her in her arms. Humming a tune to sooth the wailing newborn. She was beautiful. In every possible way. She loved her. She always will.

That moment did not last very long. The nine tails was free. She was in danger. She needed to protect her, but she was in no state to even defend herself. It had meant nothing to her. She would give everything she had to secure her daughter's safety.

A sad sigh left her lips as she looked up at the grey sky. Snow fell on her face. She ignored it. Even as it melted an ran down her face. How many more days until her birthday? It was close. That day was the one day she felt like a waste. She felt worthless as she mourned the life of her little one.

She continued on. The sooner she arrived at the Hokage office the sooner she could leave this god forsaken village. Her tempo increased as she made her way past the bustling people around her.

Her mind was blank as she let her feet carry her. She didn't want to think about anything at the moment. All thoughts would be led back to that fateful day.

She was at the destined building before she realized it. She looked up at it. Her expression unreadable. Her eyes didn't linger for long. She looked away and stepped into the building. Her trek up to the office was uneventful. She hardly paid attention to what was happening around her. She almost walked right into the old man's office. Instead she somehow regained herself and knocked.