Chapter 35

Athena was happily munching on some Dango while Hinata enjoyed her cinnamon rolls. Athena planned on spending her day with the other girl. She could go visit everyone else the next day. And she was sure Naruto could find them a place to stay. He's a good negotiator and can sweet talk anyone. Mostly women. But he can still sweet talk anyone.

She was having a casual chat with the girl she missed so very much when she caught sight of a certain Uchiha genius. Their eyes met and recognition flashed. He immediately approached her, following after him was a brunette. She was familiar.

Izumi?

"Hello Itachi and friend " the last part was said with a new tone in her voice. One Itachi noticed and raised an eyebrow as he eyed the girl

"Athena and friend " he said the last part with the same tone. The two stared each other down before looking away.

Two can play at that game.

Hinata looked from Athena to Itachi and back. What was that about? What are the two implying. Izumi had the same look of confusion on her face as she looked between the two.

"Um.. Itachi. How do you two know each other? "

"She was my very first student " Itachi admitted and slid into the booth opposite the twelve year olds. Izumi slid in next to him.

Izumi looked at her differently when the information was revealed. She was the little girl Itachi talked about. She was the one who prevented the worst from becoming a reality. She always wanted to meet her. To thank her for warning the Hokage and making him do something before it was too late.

"Thank you "

Athena tilted her head in actual confusion. Hinata was staring at her when she did. She never saw Athena do that. It was surprisingly cute and so innocent.

"What for? "

"For doing something. For warning the Hokage. Itachi told me of what you did. If it wasn't for you there would have been a lot of bloodshed"

Hinata glanced at Athena again. She had no idea what Izumi was talking about. She would have to ask Athena later.

"Oh" Athena seemed to just realize that. She shrugged and took a Dango into her mouth. "Don't thank me"

"You're being modest "

"No I'm not. I don't like to be thanked for such things. It bothers me"

"You're in the same class as my brother" Itachi stated as he took a stick of Dango off Athena's plate. The girl stared down at the plate as if she couldn't believe he just took her food. She glared at the Uchiha as he ate her Dango.

"You rude bastard"

Itachi smiled while the other two present sweat dropped at Athena's geniune annoyance.

She sighed and made due with the Dango she had.

"Yeah I'm in his class, what of it? "

"He'll approach you"

"With questions" Athena sighed and rested her chin in her palm. He must have questions. He must have realized that something was going on those seven years back.

"Look after him" Itachi said seriously and Athena raised an eyebrow.

"Oh? "

"I know you'll be placed on the same team as him. Look after him"

"He's your brother " Athena shot a the older boy. "If he has questions you answer"

"He won't take it very well" Itachi sighed. He knew how the boy is. He's already doing everything he could to be stronger than everyone. He's trying to prove himself to his father. The war may have been prevented but his father did not change.