31. Engagement

Beginne am Anfang

Next, Mikael stuck out his hand to her. She glanced up and quickly lowered her gaze. Slowly, she wrapped her fingers around his palm and picked the classic silver ring. Mikael and Alina shared a quick eye lock. Then, she slipped the ring into his finger. Before letting go of his hand, she caressed his knuckles with her thumb. Mikael winked and smiled at her as he gently pulled his hand from her hold.

The ring ceremony was followed by dinner for all. After that, Meera and Alina assured Mr. and Mrs. Hooda that they will be leaving the apartment, for the after-party. Alina felt slightly guilty for lying to her parents about still staying with Meera. Her parents at first were skeptical about her decision to marry Mikael. They had met him before and found him to be decent, but they found her decision to be hasty. It wasn't their fault, after Haider they became more cautious. But then, looking at their daughter's sincerity, love, and confidence, they gave in.

After everyone had left, Mikael and Alina were alone in their house. Extremely tired, they decided to not waste time and sleep. The next day, they had the office as well.

Alina changed into her nightdress, wrapped the night robe around her waist, and walked towards the dressing table. She mindlessly tied her hair in a loose braid, her thoughts wandering to Haider. She kept debating if she should talk to him. Perhaps, break the news about her engagement to him? As she thought about him, her gaze fell over the simple ring glistening on her finger. Slowly, she caressed it. It was strange for her when a single diamond ring meant the whole world to her compared to the expensive solitaire ring that felt burdened on her finger.

She flinched upon hearing a knock on the door, then Mikael's voice floated from the other side, - 'Alina, I have made you coffee. Have it, you will feel good.' He said. She lowered her head and answered whilst picking up a comb.

'In a minute.'

Alina placed her braid on one side and looked around. The aroma of hot beverage guided her towards the balcony. It was small but spacious enough for two people. She walked behind him and hugged him, resting her head against his back. Mikael smiled, leaning back. He held her hands with one hand and she pulled back.

'Here.' He forwarded his cup. She looked puzzled at him.

'Don't worry, I have taken only one sip from it. I don't want to bother you with going and—'

Alina giggled holding on his arm, - 'Are you mad? I can do that much.' She turned and walked out of the balcony. A few minutes later, she brought her own cup.

Together, they talked about Alina's parents, relatives, the event, and then they began chatting about their future. Alina never felt so sure about anyone more than Mikael, and the more they talked the surer she got.

She insisted that she will wash the cups, she patted his arm before walking out. Alina had just cleaned and let it dry on the dry stand when she felt Mikael's presence beside her. They passed a smile. She turned around but stopped in her tracks when he held her hand. A small smile crept on her face as he pulled her for a hug.

'You complete me, Alina. I love you.' He confessed kissing the top of her head. Alina leaned back, she had to crane her neck to look at his face. Irritated, she parted and slid on top of the kitchen counter. She huffed, placing her palms on his shoulder,

- 'This is better.' Swiftly, she pulled down her short night-robe. She looked starry-eyed at him. Mikael smiled and kissed her forehead. She closed her with a dreamy smile, slowly, she wrapped her arms around his neck and breathed heavily.

He leaned but she kept holding on to him. They admired each other. Alina's gaze fell over his lips and she inched closer. Gently, she lifted her gaze and glanced up into his eyes. Mikael passed a smile and leaned closer. She watched his eyes close and closed her eyes in response. Their kiss was slow and soft at first. Alina shifted closer, feeling a warmth in the bottom of her stomach. She shivered a little feeling his palms rest on her waist, caressing the sides over the satin night-robe. Mikael took a step closer, deepening their kiss. Alina glided her hands from his shoulders, fisted the short sleeves, and pulled him closer. She gasps inaudibly, feeling his body press against hers. Their kiss turned passionate and her legs parted on her own accord, Mikael shifted pressing his body weight against her.

Alina broke the kiss, still keeping her face close to his, - 'Gosh! Mikael.'- she exhaled, - 'I love you so much.' She caressed his cheek with love in her eyes. Mikael observed her closely and kissed her cheeks. She leaned forward and hugged him, placing her chin on his shoulder. Feeling his arms hold on her waist, firmly gave her a sense of security. Alina titled her head and planted a kiss on his neck.

Mikael chuckled, - 'Don't push me further, Alina.' He teased her. She moved back and laughed.

'What if I do?' She raised an eyebrow. Mikael smirked at her. Alina pecked his lips and quickly, retracted. She looked away, grinning. He held her arm and made her look at him. They shared a mini- eye lock and then he began to kiss her again. She smiled into the kiss and instantly reciprocated.

Mikael broke the kiss and Alina clicked her tongue with agitation, - 'You looked incredibly beautiful in the dress. Yellow suits you.' He complimented. Though she liked his words but right now, she had other things in mind.

'Thanks.' She quickly answered and pulled him by the neckline of his shirt, pressing her lips against his mouth. Mikael chuckled against their lips.

 Mikael chuckled against their lips

WOW!! The kiss *_* *uff*

How was the Chapter, guys *_* Mikael and Alina in their happy space *dreamy sigh* Drop your thoughts in the comments, please *smiles* and Stay Tuned for the next update *lots of love* *hugs and kisses*