28. Death!!!

Alina had just exited the bathroom when someone dashed into her, knocking her to the ground

Alina had just exited the bathroom when someone dashed into her, knocking her to the ground. She winced looking miffed at the person, who had fallen along with her. Banerjee looked wide-eyed, worried lines over his forehead and sweat beads dripped from his temple.

'What happened?' She enquired but he ignored her, standing up with a jolt. He clenched his phone tightly and kept muttering to himself.

'I have to say this Sir. I have to talk to Haider sir.' He blabbered walking away. Alina's expressions relaxed. She looked at him sharply and hurriedly stood up, she patted her hands and scurried to him.

'Banerjee.' She grabbed his arm, stopping him in his tracks, - 'What are you going to tell Haider?' She asked, feeling heat building up inside her and her heart rate began to increase as she thought about it.

Banerjee gulped hard, - 'Hania Madam—Hania madam is—no more.' He dropped the bomb. Alina's mouth hung open and her grasp on his elbow loosened. She stared, aghast at him. He wiped his forehead with the back of his palm and turned around. Alina kept contemplating and took a moment to realize Banerjee was about to inform Haider. She recollected how the two siblings were close and Haider would be shattered.

'Banerjee.' Alina huffed as she ran to him and held his shoulder. Banerjee pushed her hand away and scolded her. She took a deep breath and explained to him her reasons. He was reluctant at first but after she reasoned with him about Haider's mental health and the repercussions of this news on him, Banerjee dropped his idea.

Amaal tugged down an olive-green knitted top from over her head and pulled the sleeves up to her elbows. Then, she began to comb her short hair with her fingers. The ringing of her phone caught her off-guard. She looked up at her reflection, quickly wore her glasses, and ran to pick up her phone. She was puzzled seeing Alina's name flash on the screen.

'Hello?' She faced the mirror and picked up a small pearl stud. Amaal paused hearing what she had to say, her shoulders dropped, and she stared at her reflection. She hadn't met Hania, but she knew Haider, and thinking about him, worried her.

'Don't let Haider find out.' Alina sounded urgent and desperate.

Amaal blinked rapidly and nodded, - 'Yes, yes.' Just then, the door creaked open and she froze hearing footsteps. Hastily, she disconnected the call.

'Amaal!'

Slowly, she turned around and forced a smile upon seeing Haider walk in. He had a cheerful smile and a bright face. He sighed patting off snow from his hair. Amaal kept looking at him, her heart pained imagining the grief he would feel knowing about his sister's death. She blinked and forced a smile.

'I was in the backyard with Uncle Joy and look at what I got for you.' Haider said with a chirpy smile. He unbuttoned his long coat and plucked out two white roses from the inside pocket.

Then, he walked to her and forwarded her the two roses. Gently, Amaal lowered her gaze and eyed the two roses he had pinched together. She looked up at him and forced a smile. He frowned,