48. Night of the Wedding

Haider walked into the house feeling strange

Haider walked into the house feeling strange. For a moment, he was confused if everything that happened was real or he was daydreaming. He had left the house to convince Amaal about his love and now, he has returned as a married man. Weird, how life works?

AK hurried to him and asked him if he wanted water, - 'No!'- Haider sighed pinching the bridge of his nose, - 'Just ready my bath.' He said unbuttoning his Kurtha with one hand. AK nodded and scurried towards the staircase. Haider dragged his feet to the sofa and called to the chef for a hot black tea. Then, he slumped on the sofa, resting his head back. He took a deep breath with his eyes closed.

Haider pampered himself with the hot bath. Everything seemed blurred by the time he finished bathing. He was energized and ready to continue his work. He missed Amaal and wished she were here with him. She had said to him that she will be staying with Meera as her bags are there.

Haider tied the bathrobe and walked out of the bathroom. The cool atmosphere made him shudder.

'Hey, handsome!'

His head shot up and to his surprise he found Amaal sitting on his bed. She was leaning against the bedpost with her legs stretched and one foot over the other. Her arms above her head. His mouth hung open as she raised an eyebrow seductively at him.

'How did you get here?'

'Shh!' She placed her finger on her lips and slowly, got down the bed. She walked towards him and placed her arms around her neck.

'No talking, Mr. Khadus.' – She leaned, tip-toeing a little, - 'tonight is your wedding night, right.' She whispered and then moved back. Haider blinked at her. First, the marriage was just sinking into him and now, he was supposed to have a wedding night.

'What happened?'

'Aren't you—isn't it awkward?' Haider replied with uncertainty. Amaal smirked stepping back and placed her hand on the knot of her night robe.

'Maybe this will help you decide?'- She replied tugging on the knot and then pulled the night robe apart. Haider's jaw dropped again.

She was dressed in a white lacy corset mini dress. She grinned at him as she shrugged the robe off her shoulder, - 'Like what you see, Handsome.' She said sensually. It was then, Haider noticed she had blood-red lip-gloss and no glasses.

'From where did you get this?' Haider knew he sounded silly, but he couldn't think straight.

Amaal rolled her eyes, dropping and raising her shoulders, - 'Come on, Man. I stay alone in my room, I collect many things.' She said in an irritable tone. She threw her arm and turned around, - 'I am not doing this anymore. You spoilt my mood.' She ranted and bend down to pick her robe.

'No, wait.'- Haider called and she paused. A slow grin appeared on her face.

'Um, you are looking nice.'