39. A Filmy Entry of Santosh

Alina and Mikael sat in the cafeteria, facing each other, and silently having their coffee

Alina and Mikael sat in the cafeteria, facing each other, and silently having their coffee. Alina was still in a double mind about the Nikah date. Mikael was okay with any date and he doesn't interfere in whatever she and her parents decide. She took a sip and sighed. Just then, Meera walked into the cafeteria and looked around. Alina opened her mouth to speak to her fiancé but was stopped when Meera excitedly interrupted her.

'Guys, Haider is here.' She gushed. Alina gaped at her, while Mikael looked relieved. She let a moment to sink the information. Then, she smiled with uncertainty.

'How—' – Alina placed her hand over Meera's palm, - 'how is he?' She asked. Meera smiled at her, tilting her head a little,

- 'He is fine. Just seems bossier and hotter than before. The thick stubble is giving him a so rugged look.' She air-kissed and grinned at her friends. Mikael smiled a little and looked at Alina. She looked so much relieved and calm. He moved his hand and gently grasped her palm. Alina looked at him and they exchanged a smile.

Haider and his financial advisor worked together in the board meeting room. Along with them were few other experts. It was utmost urgent to rectify the blunders Jahangir Zaidi had done. Haider sat in the middle chair, listening with full concentration to the experts. Then, there were muffled footsteps and voices that grew louder as they approached the room.

'Listen, girl! You can't go in. Boss is in the meeting.'

'Ya Allah!'

Haider's ear stood up, and he glanced, almost instantly, darted towards the door,

- 'I will just take a few seconds of your boss. I am sure he can spare that.'

'But we can't let you go.'

'Unlike last time, this time I have more authority to barge in. Hey! Hey!'

Haider quickly got up, pushing back his chair. Everyone in the hall gaped, stunned at their boss. Without bothering him of putting up a show, he hurried to the door.

'Hey! Don't you dare touch her.' Haider spoke sternly as he stepped out. The scene in front was much like how they had met for the first time. Only with a huge difference.

A muscular, bouncer type guard, let go of Amaal's petite arm and she glanced at him with a puffed up chest in pride. Then, she passed a cheeky grin at Haider. He looked at her and then at the guard and gestured him with his finger to step back. The guard nodded, stepping aside. He looked at Amaal and she stuck out her tongue at him. He looked miffed.

After he had marched away, Amaal looked at Haider. He looked back and then, swiftly turned around.

'Haider!' She called in a small voice. He sighed placing one hand into his trouser pocket.

'I don't want to talk to you nor see your face. Leave.' He said, feeling a burden in his heart. He wanted to hold her and talk to her, listen to her. It had been long, and, at this moment, he had missed her yet not realized it.