57. The One with a Big Heart

Haider shifted in his sleep, and slowly opened his eyes as he felt Amaal's side was empty

Haider shifted in his sleep, and slowly opened his eyes as he felt Amaal's side was empty. He blinked, propping up on his elbow, and in a daze looked around. There was a click sound from the bathroom door. Lazily, he looked at Amaal walking in. Dressed in a white boho top and denim, she seemed like she was going somewhere.

'It is a surprise; I am early than the earliest bird in town.' She teased him as she combed her bangs with her slender fingers. Haider chuckled, sitting up.

He removed the blanket, - 'Where is my early bird off to?' He climbed down and walked towards her whilst tugging up his track pants. Amaal doesn't reply but continues to apply lip balm over her lips. He stood behind her and admired her reflection, then slowly wrapped his arms around her waist.

'Hey!' Amaal nudged her elbow against his stomach.

'What?' Haider looked puzzled as he stepped back.

'You are going to spoil the creases of my dress.' She commented in annoyance and turned to do her eyes. Haider sighed watching her expertly apply winged eyeliner. Then, she swiftly turned and spoke as she buckled the chain of her rose-gold watch,

- 'I am going to the orphanage and will have breakfast there.' She looked up at him and passed a hurried smile. Haider was confused throughout and he sensed that Amaal was hiding something. Out-smarting Haider Minhas Zaidi wasn't easy. But he doesn't say anything and mutely walked towards his wardrobe. Amaal glances at him and then sighed sadly.

'Bye!'

'Bye.' Haider responded dryly without looking at her. Some moment later, he heard the door close. He turned and thought for a moment. He picked up his phone and paused with his thumb over Simon's number. Then, he recollected Alina's words,

- 'What love is this, Haider? Where you don't trust your partner that you leave spies behind her.'

Haider let out an exasperated sigh and dropped his phone on the bed. Whatever Amaal was hiding or why ever she was lying, there must be a reason. When she feels the right time was here, she will talk to him.

Strangely, he felt lighter realizing this and was pleasantly surprised by his reaction