6. Size Matters

Haider was pleased to know he had woken up on his usual routine time

Haider was pleased to know he had woken up on his usual routine time. He changed from his night robe to a tracksuit.

After half an hour of exercising in the vast lawn of the ancestral mansion, Haider spotted an elderly man in a wheelchair. The nurse attending him was somewhere away from him and talking on her phone. He noticed the man was enjoying the flowers, while a book and pen was placed on his lap.

Haider stood on the spot, trying to catch a breath and doesn't look away from the man. As the man bends to smell one of the flowers, the book fell from his lap. The man had trouble picking it up. He was dangerously low and would slip from the chair. Haider hurried to him and held the man by his shoulder and made him sit up straight. He helped him with his stationary and looked over his shoulder at the nurse.

'Hey!' He called strictly. The nurse disconnected the call and hurried to them. Haider straightened and scolded her for being irresponsible. The nurse listened to him but doesn't respond. She was about to take the man with her when he held Haider's hand. He stilled and looked down at him.

'Beta who are you?' The man asked. He seemed to be in his mid-60s, nearly 70s.

'I am Haider Minhas. I just came here yesterday.' He informed. The man kept looking at him with a frown as though recollecting something. Haider hurriedly bid good-bye, he glanced at the nurse and jogged towards the main entrance.

Haider entered the room. Thankfully, this time he didn't have any trouble finding the room. He noticed Amaal was sitting on the lower bunk wrapped in a towel. That was all he saw, and he gasped turning around. Amaal yelped too gripping her towel tighter.

'Allah! Haider!!' She scolded him. Haider pressed his lips and kept staring at the corridor.

'You idiot, who roams naked in the room?' He argued in disbelief. Amaal scoffed.

'I am not used to having someone, especially a man in my room.' She defended herself. Haider rolled his eyes.

'Even if no one is in the room who roams,' – he turned, and his eyes widened watching her gently remove the towel. He turned around so swiftly that he felt his neck crack, - 'why are you undressing? The door is open, and I am literally standing here.' He sounded appalled. Amaal chuckled.

'Control your emotions and—hormones.' She giggled. Haider frowned, clenching his fists but he waited for a minute and slightly turned his head to look at the scene, to see if she was ready. Thankfully, she had worn her mustard slim fit jeans was hooking her black bra. He turned around, shutting the door behind him, and walked to her.

'The window is also open.' He pointed out.

'So, there is only sky and trees.' Amaal responded instantly and casually while pulling a white turtleneck, knitted top over her head.

Haider paused and walked up to her, he placed his palms on his hips, - 'And what do you mean by controlling my hormones, that too with you.' He said with disgust. Amaal ignored him and continued to comb the long bangs of her pixie cut. Haider frowned, he hated being ignored.