42. Exposed!

Haider sat crossed-legged on the recliner chair

Haider sat crossed-legged on the recliner chair. He straightened upon hearing a knock at the door.

'Come in.' He said calmly. Santosh entered the room and he asked to close the door. Haider doesn't fail to notice his hesitance.

'Um, Santosh. Before we start. There is something of yours that I found.' He said and exhaled deeply. Santosh remained quiet and kept looking with a straight face. Haider paused for a second before lowering his hand and picked up something from the floor.

Santosh's eyes widened in surprise as he showed off the bra, dangling from his index finger. He bit his lower lip. Haider kept observing him.

'Sir you found out.' – He lowered his head. Haider titled his head looking amusedly at him. 'Actually, I am a man by birth but a woman from the heart.' He placed both his hands over his chest. Haider placed the back of his fingers against his smiling lips, averting his gaze momentarily.

'Okay.'- He breathed heavily and stood up. He walked around the bed and tossed the lingerie at Santosh which he clumsily caught, - 'I am not judging you.'- Haider approached him and noticed sweat beads over his forehead. Santosh leaned back as he moved his hand to touch his forehead. Haider scoffed retracting his hand, - 'Don't worry. I am not doing anything.' He said wiping the sweat beads with his finger. Santosh ran a nervous hand over his neck. Once, he relaxed a little, Haider moved his finger and swiftly pulled out the walrus mustache. Santosh yelped covering his mouth with both his hands.

Haider shook his head and tugged up the fake hair. The pixie cut was covered with a hairnet and the long bangs neatly pinned. He glared at her and then held her hands, moving it away from her face.

'Amaal!' He stared into her brown eyes, - 'Contacts. Good attention to detail.' He looked impressed. Amaal flashed him a guilty smile.

'What can I do? You refused to look at me, forget listening to me. Also, I and your friends were genuinely concerned about you. That is why?'

'Friends.'- Haider sneered and turned around to face her, - 'I have no friends.' His voice had a tinge of pain in it. Then, he looked the other way. Amaal sighed, drooping her shoulders.

'So, you think.' – She walked to him and held his shoulder, he shrugged her hand away, - 'Haider, look around you. Me, AK, Banerjee, Mikael and Alina—'

'Don't talk about that ungrateful woman in front of me.'- Haider grabbed her arm, - 'If she cared for me or—loved me—then she would have been with me. Not dumped me for good for nothing brother of yours.' He said in a menacing tone. Amaal rolled her eyes and moved her hand from his grip.

'Care doesn't necessarily mean romantic love. She cares for you, respects you. And don't tell me you are still stuck—'

'I feel nothing for her, Okay.' Haider interrupted rudely. Amaal sighed again. He turned her hand and pushed her towards the door, - 'Now, get lost. And first thing in the morning,' – He raised a finger at her, - 'I want you out of my house.' – He turned around, waving a hand, - 'I don't need anyone.' He said firmly, clasping his arms behind him. Sometimes, passed and he heard the door open and shut. Then, he breathed out holding on his forehead.