29. I Love You!

Alina sat on the bed, massaging her forehead with her fingers

Alina sat on the bed, massaging her forehead with her fingers. The thought of Hania being no more and the images of a young woman in late teens made her feel grim and guilty. She was too young to die. Alina bit her lip has an even more depressing thought crossed her mind; was it her fault that drove Hania to this extreme step.

She flinched hearing a gentle knock at the door. Slowly, she turned her head and answered, - 'Come in, Mikael.'

There was a creak of the door and Alina turned around upon hearing the approaching footsteps.

Mikael looked at with a concern filled gaze, he placed a gentle hand on her shoulder and inquired, - 'Are you alright?'

Alina smiled gratefully at him, she clenched his palm, - 'I am—just little headache.' She held her forehead.

'Oh!' Mikael retracted his hand, - 'I will get warm coconut oil and massage your head. You will feel better.' He suggested and turned. Alina thought for a moment and called him in a meek voice. Mikael blinked, nodded, and sat beside her.

She took his hand in hers, - 'Mikael, am I doing right by not letting Haider know about Hania?' She looked at him with hopeful eyes. He sighed deeply, pulling his hand from her grip.

'It is a grey area. You did right because you didn't want to disturb him, also you want to save him from Jahangir. Haider is away from here, but from what I know about their relationship, definitely he will panic. In that sense, you did right.'- He paused and held hand, entwining their fingers, - 'But she was his sister and depriving him one last look of her, denying him for being part of her burial and last rites. There you are wrong.' He explained.

Alina was amazed by his explanation. She moved closer and rested her head against his shoulder, - 'You are right, Mikael. Now, all her last rites are over. What should I do?' She talked staring front at the window. He shifted, breaking away from her.

'Don't think much about it.' – He got up, - 'Let me get you the oil and massage your scalp. You will feel much better.' He commented and Alina blinked softly at him. As he walked out of the room, a depressing feeling crept into her chest again. Her smile faded and a realization dawned on her, that she needed Mikael. The peace and serenity she got from him; she can't find it anywhere else. He calms her restlessness and lightens her up.

After five-ten minutes the door creaked open again. Alina turned around and watched him enter with a small bowl. Mikael carried it cautiously as he approached her. They exchanged smiles.

Alina shifted forward as he climbed on the bed and kneeled behind her. He winced after dipping his fingers in the hot oil. Swiftly, she turned around, but he assured her that everything was fine. He held her shoulder and made her face the other side.

Alina shuddered slightly, feeling his fingertips on top of her head. Then, she closed her eyes and felt her mind shutting down, her shoulders dropped, and her muscles relaxed. The negative energy and thoughts of Farhana's lavender oil massage flew out of the window. She let out a sigh, feeling his warm palms gently massage her shoulders.