18. Having the Hots for

Alina walked out of the gate and looked around for her date

Alina walked out of the gate and looked around for her date. She noticed a scooter standing a few distances from the main gate, outside the next lane, and, under the streetlight. The man removed his helmet and flashed the scooter's headlights at her. Alina's lips curved into a slow smile. She waved zealously and hurried to him. The platform heels were a perfect choice, anytime over the pointy, yet sexy, heels.

'Hey!'

'Why so late, Alina?' Mikael whined the moment she stopped beside him. She giggled slapping his arm and sat behind him. Alina smiled dreamily at the memories of the first time; she had taken a ride with him. So much has changed since then. Slowly, she moved her hands under his arms and held his waist, - 'Where are we going?' She enquired placing her chin on his shoulder. Mikael smiled behind his helmet.

- 'Surprise.' He teased her. Alina sighed happily.

The restaurant Mikael chose had a very royal vibe to it. The elaborate geometric designs on the walls, the mahogany tables, and chairs were exquisite. The ambiance had warm yellow bulbs shining muffled lights from behind multi-colored glass covering. And the place echoed with soft melody playing in the background. It was very serene and cozy.

'I hope you like Desi food.' – Mikael smiled nervously at her whilst pulling a chair for her, - 'I love it.' He added.

Alina gracefully sat down and thought to herself about how bored she had been with continental food. Haider never ate anything with spice or curry, just bland food at times. She pushed back the thoughts, overlapped her palms, and rested her chin over it.

'I like Desi food for sure.' She smiled at him. Mikael looked relieved as he leaned against the chair. A waiter dressed in a suit with a red turban stood next to them and passed them a menu.

'I think I will go with Mughlai.' Mikael commented after a minute into staring at the menu.

Alina looked up from the menu, - 'I will choose Naan and Kadai paneer.'

'And drinks?'

'hmm, rose milk. And you?'

'No, I will pass. I will have gulab jamun.'

'Me too.'

After their order was taken, Mikael entertained Alina with his childhood memories from Kashmir. It mostly included Amaal's naughtiness.

'After catching her for the nth time in our apple orchard, we had to tie her up with ropes.' He laughed.

'Oh, isn't it child abuse?' Alina wondered out loud and then pressed her lips tightly. Mikael stopped laughing abruptly.

'Um.'- he cleared his throat, straightening in his seat. Alina apologized, getting red-faced. He waved a hand, - 'You are probably, right. But she was really difficult to tame.' He explained.

Alina spoke about her childhood memories and began to miss her parents and extended family. She stopped speaking as her eyes turned moist. Hesitantly, Mikael moved his hand and she felt better feeling his warm hand over her palm.