58. An Awkward Dinner

'Hurry up, Haider

'Hurry up, Haider.' Amaal's voice floated into the bathroom, disturbing Haider. He ignored her and continued to apply his musk perfume on the collar bone, then under his arms. As he combed his wavy mane, Amaal flung open the door and gasped.

'Hey.' He smirked at her and turned to face her. She raised her eyebrow looking disinterested. He frowned, then pulled up the towel that clung around his waist. He smiled to himself, watching her eyes trail his hands.

'Hurry up, we don't have all night.' She sighed, rolling her eyes, and stepped back, closing the door behind her. Haider gaped at her. He felt offended that she wasn't affected by him. Irritated, he quickly wore his denim slim-fit shirt and brown pants.

'Amaal.' He walked into the room.

'Yes!'

Haider noticed she was lounging on the bed and scrolling through her mobile. She looked pretty in a red sleeveless crop top and high waist golden cigarette pants. He liked the ethnic touch to the attire. But Haider frowned realizing she had worn white sneakers with it. Does she have anything other than sneakers in all colors? He walked around the bed and stood in front of her. Only then, she looked up from her phone.

'Great.' She huffed standing up, the simple delicate golden drop earring bounced with her movement. Haider wasn't used to seeing Amaal in so much jewelry but the mid-length earring and the necklace he had gifted her went well with her baby-like face and her pixie hairstyle.

She clicked her tongue and grabbed his wrist, - 'I am your wife, and you will have plenty of time to gawk at me. So, do that later. Now, come.' She tugged on his hand. Haider was reminded of her indifference. Since she had come from the airport he didn't ask her anything. It was her who brought up the topic.

'I convinced Mikael about not hating on Mr. Hashim Jaffery anymore. I mean, what is even the point now? He is our father and he is remorseful. Last night, he spoke his heart out and I listened. Now, I am more mature than I was before, I tried to be open-minded and took in everything he said. Tried to see from his point of view, from point of view of a father. Patching up with him doesn't mean discrediting him for the wrong he did. He did wrong, a sin if you can say so. And he paid the price for that as well. He had tried to financially help Zaroon's family, all because he realized he was wrong. Zaroon is no more, and, my bad phase, it is over, and we were in it together. Zaroon isn't coming back. How long will we keep sulking over it? Zaroon wanted to see me happy, wanted to see us happy. He always talked about being kind to my father and won't approve us of being angry at him. He spoke of forgiveness and was a firm believer in the fact that only forgiveness will give you peace while holding grudges will turn your heart into stone. It has been five years; we all have physically moved on. Now, is the time to mentally move on.'

'What are you looking at?' Amaal asked, freeing his hand. Haider smiled, taking a step closer. He held her face and without any word, he kissed her forehead. She placed a palm over his chest and gently pushed him.