9. Remembrance

Alina entered the bedroom, wiping her face with a towel

Alina entered the bedroom, wiping her face with a towel. She stretched her arms and yawned, stopping in her tracks upon finding Meera in front of the mirror. She was fully focused on applying a glossy lip balm. Alina frowned, eyeing her from top to bottom realizing she was over-dressed to be at home.

Meera was dressed in plus-sized lacy dusky pink top and slim fit jeans. Also, she had done mild make-up.

She picked up her comb and began combing her curly locks. As she clipped strands of her hair, her gaze fell on Alina. Her friend was dressed in black sleeveless top and boxers, with her hair in a mess and was gaping at her.

'Hey!' Meera said cheerfully and grabbed a white hand purse. She turned around, - 'How am I looking?' She asked with a hopeful look in her eyes and a gleeful smile on her face.

'Good! But where are you going? It is eight pm.' Alina enquired as she sat on her bed, folding her legs. She frowned, - 'Are you going on a date with another random stranger like Ronnie?' She accused her.

Meera chuckled, waving a hand at her, - 'No, silly. I am not going on a date. I am going with Mikael for dinner.' She said casually. Alina's mouth dropped open and she mouthed,

- 'What?'

Meera touched her ear-studs and frowned, - 'Am I looking over?' She asked with sincerity. Alina was dumbstruck and hurt because the two supposedly good friends of her did not invite her for dinner.

She straightened, roughly tugging her hair behind her ears and shook her head, - 'Where was I when this dinner plan was being made?' She circled the air with her finger.

'I don't know, maybe in the loo.' Meera shrugged casually as she leaned against the mirror and checked on the loose strands falling over her face. Alina was even more shocked. She blinked her eyes rapidly, her mouth slightly open. Meera turned and adjusted the golden sling of her bag, her eyes glued to the screen of her mobile. A couple of minutes later, she looked up and passed a hurried good-bye.

'Meera!' Alina stopped her at the door, - 'Why didn't you guys get me on this?' She was very much offended now. Meera opened the door and turned to face her while firmly holding the door handle.

'Chill. I and Mikael have gone for plenty of lunch and dinners like this. This is also one of it. Anyway, if you want then, get ready. We shall go together.' She offered. Alina pressed her lips and folded her arms. She shook her head and turned around, walking gloomily towards the room. Meera shrugged and left the house.

Alina climbed on the bed and grabbed her pillow. She pressed it against her chest and crossed her legs. Why was she so bothered? Was it because her two best friends excluded her or because Meera was with Mikael and not her? Alina shook her head and leaned against the wall, placed her laptop on the pillow, and sighed. She tried distracting herself with something online. Then, her thought drifted to Mikael from earlier in the morning. He had avoided the question, - 'Do you still love me?'