27. In His Memories

Haider was distraught as he knew he shouldn't be kissing Amaal, yet he felt addicted to kissing her

Haider was distraught as he knew he shouldn't be kissing Amaal, yet he felt addicted to kissing her. At the same time, he was curious about Zaroon. He seemed to be a positive personality as he had motivated Amaal and instilled a strange optimism in her. To clear his mind, Haider decided to talk with Noori, she was Amaal's aunt and she will know well.

At first, Noori was surprised to find him in her office. Then, she ordered two cups of black tea for them. Haider started with casual conversation and skillfully, drifted the topic to Amaal.

'At first, I thought she was mental.' He commented with an amused smile plastered on his face. Noori chuckled, as though she recollected something funny. Haider shifted, taking a sip and then placed the cup on the saucer plate. He hesitated, - 'Was she like this since the beginning?' He asked cautiously, keenly observing her reaction. The color of her face drained and her smile instantly faded.

Noori took a moment to compose her answer, - 'Amaal was always a very cheerful child. She was naughty as well. Mikael was the complete opposite though.' She recollected, carefully choosing her words. Haider clenched his fist at the mention of Mikael.

'Amaal—was telling about her first—love, Zaroon.' Haider said, restlessly shifting in his place. Noori looked stunned, she clenched the handle of teacup and she gulped softly. Her gaze was unsteady.

'Zaroon is de—dead.' She managed to say in a wavering tone.

'I know.' – Haider sighed – 'I didn't want to ask Amaal all the details. She is still sensitive about him.' He confessed.

Noori nodded, - 'Zaroon was an important person in Amaal's life and after his death, things were never the same. She, my child, wasn't the same.' She informed. Haider listened intently at her. She was reluctant to open the secrets, she leaned and placed her palm over the table, - 'Don't tell Amaal that I told you anything.' – she whispered. Her words made Haider feel a bit guilty about getting to know about her intimate secret without her consent.

'Zaroon was murdered by—by—my brother. Amaal's father.' – Noori revealed leaving Haider dumbstruck.

He recollected the first time they had met, when Amaal had come for donations and how she had bluntly she refused favors in name of her father.

Noori exhaled deeply, leaning against her chair, - 'Amaal, Mikael, Zaroon and their friends were present there when goons hired by Hashim overtook their jeep. Poor kids, they had planned to secretly marry but were interrupted. All of this traumatized the twins especially, Amaal.' – she took a sip and shook her head. Haider noticed tears glistening in her eyes. She blinked rapidly to take back her tears.

'Amaal got into drugs and whatnot. Mikael and I had to handle her. After so many struggles, we managed to send her off to rehab. Some of the medication continues. She gets night terrors so usually, she stays awake or sleeps late.' Noori revealed.

Second Chance in Love (His Desire, Book2)- ✔️ COMPLETED On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara