"Remus, can you walk?", Peter asked gently. 

"I can try.", Remus said weakly. He stumbled, and Sirius caught him. 

"Can we go a little later? I don't feel great.", Remus whispered. 

"Yeah, let me go and bring some blankets from the dorm, love.", Sirius said, stuttering. 

James raised his eyebrows at Sirius. "Love", he whispered, as Sirius walked past him, slapping the back of his head.

Remus stared at his fingernails, caked with blood, "James?", he asked, his voice wavering.

"Yeah, Moony? You want some water? Hungry?", James asked. 

"Something happened last night.", Remus asked, tears filling his eyes. 

"No, nothing happened.", Peter lied. 

"I have blood under my fingernails and it isn't mine.", Remus said, putting his head in his hands. 

"Oh my god-- I hurt one of you. I'm a monster.", Remus said, his voice breaking on the last word.

 "Remus. Look at me.", James said softly. Remus looked down, a strand of hair covering his eyes

"Look at me.", he said again, but firmer. "You are not a monster. This is not your fault.". 

"Just-- just show me what happened.", Remus pleaded. 

James sighed, pulling up the leg of his pants. 

"Before I show you, you need to know that I'm okay.", James stated. 

Remus nodded, finally looking back up at  James peeled back one of the bandages to show him the oozing gash, trying his best to ignore the pain.

 Remus teared up, looking down again. 

"I'm so fucking sorry. I- I'm sorry- This can't happen again, okay? I could've done something so much worse.". 

James wrapped the bandage, staring at Remus. "Remus. It was an accident. I'm okay, see?", James said. 

Sirius burst through the doors with blankets, pillows, chocolate, and jumpers. 

"Don't worry Moony, you're going to be fine.", Sirius said, grinning at Remus. Remus stared at Sirius, his heart skipping a beat. 

Must be the moon., he thought.

 "Remus?", Lily called, coming in. 

"Hey, Evans.", James said, smiling up at her. 

"Hey.", Remus said weakly. The boys set up the pillows and blankets, while Lily helped Remus over.

 "Thank you.", Remus said gratefully, "For everything.". 

"Don't worry, Remus, you're never going to spend another full moon alone again.", Peter said.

Remus rested his head on Sirius' shoulder, his chest going up and down as he slept. 

Lily and James looked at each other, smirking, and then back at Sirius and Remus.

an hour later

Remus sighed as he drank his potion, his gagging at the taste. "Now, Remus, no class. You're going to lie down in the dorm for the rest of the day.", Peter warned. "I- Fine.", Remus relented, knowing this was an argument he was destined to lose. 

later

Lily was walking back to the Common Room, almost bumping into a worried Chloe. 

"Have you heard from Remus?", Chloe asked. 

"Er, I think he wasn't feeling well. I think he's in the Hospital Wi-", Lily got cut off. 

"He's not in there, I checked.", Chloe interrupted. "Can I come with you, Lily?", Chloe asked. 

After a few minutes of begging, Lily relented. "Sarcegoat.", Lily said, pushing the Common Room door open.

 They walked through, towards the boys dorm. Lily pushed open the dorm room. 

"Remus?", Chloe asked concernedly, looking down at Remus, who was lying down. 

"What happened? Are you okay?". "Yeah, Chlo, I'm fine.", Remus smiled. "

We'll give you two some privacy.", Peter said, pulling everyone else out. 

"Remus, your face!", Chloe exclaimed. Remus blushed. "What happened?", Chloe asked, thinking about her conversation with Sirius. 

She didn't know Remus had a secret, she was just making something up. "Chloe, what I'm about to tell you is my deepest secret.", Remus said. 

Chloe clutched his hand, "Whatever it is, we can get through it together.", she promised,  her eyes twinkling. "I-I'm a werewolf.", Remus said, avoiding her eyes. 

Chloe gasped, pressing a hand to her mouth. "Remus, I love you for who you are.", she said. 

"Thank you.", Remus said, kissing her on the lips.