Chapter 57

Aria's POV...

"Why'd you suggest...." Scott asked.

"So she wouldn't think we're keeping something from her. I want us to search the living room to find anything about her family. Parents, siblings or even the foster care that she was in." I said.

"Why?" Brandon asked.

"I have my reasons." I said hesitating.

"Good thing that doesn't sound too suspicious." Scott said.

"Why can't you just ask her?" Brandon asked.

"Because, who knows if she'll be hurt by us bringing it up or worst she can lie about it?" I said.

"Okay. My suspicion level is about eleven right now." Scott said.

"I'll explain later. Both of you search here while I search her room." I said.

"Wow and what if she caught you searching her room?" Scott asked.

"You guys distract her until I come back." I said.

"What?!" They both said in unison as I went to the kitchen. Emma and Ivy were chopping tomatoes and cheese.

"Hey uhm, where's the bathroom? I want to wash my face to look a little, you know, like people." I said with a small laugh causing her to chuckle. I think Ivy knows I'm up to something.

"Upstairs. Second door to the right. The door after my room. It's a joining." She said.

"Cool, thanks." I said and she smiled. I quickly walked upstairs and quickly into the bathroom. I then opened the joining door to her room and walked in.

"Alright Aria, its Sherlock Holmes time!" I said to myself as I quickly started opening drawers and looking through. I found some posters though of BTS, EXO, NATURE GIRLS, BLACKPINK, SUPER M and a couple more.

"Looks like you're really into Kpop Em." I said as I continued searching.

*******
Ivy's POV...

"So where're your from?" Emma asked.

"Poinciana Town, but I was raised here." I said. I mean it's not like I lied. I really I born there.

"Oh." She said.

"What about you?" I asked.

"Oh you wouldn't believe me, it's crazy and its kind of embarrassing." She said.

"Try me." I said.

"Its uhm... I was born in a mental institution because that's where my mom was at. She got pregnant with me at a young age of sixteen." Emma said.

"If you know my life story, being born in a mental institution will be the last thing you'd wanna call crazy. What about your dad?" I asked.

"Uhm...he died when I were two months, so I was sent into Foster Care." Emma said.

"That's a tough life." I said.

"When I found out about my mother, I went back to look for her. But I was I that she left without any address or anything. Looks like she wanted to start over without being found. And so I stopped looking for her." Emma said.

"Wouldn't you want to meet her?" I asked.

"I do. But if its destined, only then can I meet her. If not then I guess it's for reason. I've already lived and reached this far without her or my dad. Maybe I can continue." She said.

"I'm sorry. I also had lots of painful memories that kills me inside. The one memory that I can't ever let go of is the one where I lost my child to a murderer." I said pressing the knife on the tomato as the images flashes before her eyes. I don't know why but Emma is like someone I can talk to, like she's another version of Aria.