Chapter 48

If she dare try to hurt my family I won't take it lightly. As for that unknown person, now I'm back...theres nothing holding me back now. I will protect my family with everything I have even if it means to kill and let blood flow like a river.

After greeting everyone and giving them their gifts, Brandon and I walk to our rooms. We unpacked, took a shower and went back down to dinner. Veronica was asleep. I take it that no one including Scott doesn't know Ivy's true identity.

"Ria?!" My mother said breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Hm?" I answered.

"You okay? You seem totally out of it." She said.

"I'm fine. Just a bit tired." I said which is partially true.

"Well after dinner, you can rest." She said and I nodded.

"Ria? Where's Brandon?" My dad asked.

"He's taking a shower." I said.

"Oh okay. Well dinner is almost ready." He said and I nodded with a smile. Both my parents then left and went back to the kitchen.

"Mrs Johnson." I turn to the sound of that voice, which I already knew who it was.

"Ms Lawrence. Now are you gonna tell me exactly what you're doing here?" I asked.

"My fiancee insisted I stayed here until the wedding." She said.

"Hm! You're six years older than him?" I asked.

"So what if I am? Brandon's eight years older than you." She said.

"Anyways I don't care, age doesn't matter when it comes to love, the real reason why you're here is what I want to know." I said.

"No specific reasons you in particular should worry about. It's really only your husband." She said.

"You lay a finger on him and I'll pull your hair extensions out. And I won't be gentle with it. " I said.

"You really have changed." She said.

"Said the pot to the kettle." I said.

"I have a very much good reason." She said.

"So do I. I'm guessing Scott or anyone else doesn't know who you are? I wonder what'll happen when Scott finds out that you're actually the former lover of his brother and father?" I said and her face became aggressive and angry.

She the grabbed my hand but I spun around to block off, she the spun back around and both pulled each other closer. Our faces was close any minute I'll hit her a headbutt.

"Not bad. But you still need to practice more if you wanna top me." She said.

"The time is extremely young." I said.

"Hm...you wouldn't tell anything to Scott. If you do then I hate to see something happened to your mother or father, or maybe your little girl who's sleeping upstairs." She said and now my face became aggressive angry.

"You better keep away from them or else I will do something drastic." I said.

"Hm. Help me to help you." She said.

"Bitchy talk." I said.

"Watch whose talking." She said. Then we heard someone coming out way. We then let go of each other and took a step back.

"Hey." It was Scott followed by Brandon who seem like boiling blood running through his veins.

"Hey." She said as Scott came and hugged her.

"Dinner's ready!" My mom yell from the kitchen.

"Let's go! I'm starved!" Scott said grabbing Brandon's hand before walking out. I look at Ivy who seem to smile. Can't even describe what kind of smile that is.

******
We were around the dinner table. Brandon next to me, Scott and Ivy in the opposite side to us, my parents on either ends of the table and Selena was next to my mom and I. Ivy was next to my mom, so literally she's sitting opposite me.

"Amen." My dad said as we all finish prayed.

"Dig in." My mom said and we all started eating.

"Can someone pass me the salad bowl please?" Selena asked. I then reached for the bowl in the middle but Ivy's hand came same time and we touched our hands. Classic villain and hero style.

We look at each other, hatred filled in our eyes for each other. I then took the bowl and put some salad in Selena's plate.

"Eating salad is very good." I said as I put back down the bowl.

"Aunt Ivy told me." She said as she ate. I then look over at Ivy.

"She is right then, very smart. Took the smart ways in." I said and everyone looked at me confused.

"Salad." I said smiling.

"Totally agree." She said with a hidden smirk. I wonder why she is actually back here? She must have had an reason or reasons.

******
Later That Night After Dinner...

I walked into my room after changing to see Brandon playing with Veronica and Selena. I couldn't help it but smile at the scene.

"Aunt Ria! Wanna play with us?!" Selena asked. I smiled and then went on the bed next to them. After playing for a little more, I tuck in Selena and then fed Veronica before allowing her to sleep. I went and laid next to Brandon on our bed facing him.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing." I said.

"You know I can tell when you're lieing. That's one thing you wouldn't improve." He said.

"We'll talk in the morning. I'm extremely tired." I said.

"Alright." He said kissing my forehead before I rest my head on his chest and then finally fell asleep.

The Next Morning.....

After waking up, I saw Brandon was already putting on his suit for office.

"Good morning beautiful." He said and I smiled.

"Good morning handsome. You heading in so soon?" I asked.

"Why? Aren't you tired of seeing me?" He asked and I laughed as I got up stretching.

"Never! If I could see you everyday, every minute of my life, it'd be the best thing ever!" I said and he smiled.

"Well...it's unfortunate it can't be physically but I'd be here." He said pointing to my heart.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too. Now let me go freshen up. Don't leave without seeing me." I said.

"I know. I still gotta wake Scott up if he's still sleeping like always." He said and I laughed.

"Alright." I said smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, comment & share❤

Click the star and leave your comments below...

Follow me on Instagram: divya_tt or DKR