Chapter 13

"I'll get it." I said. I went and answered the phone.

Me:"Hello?"

Unknown:"Hello Brandon."

Me:"Who's this?"

Unknown:"The accident wasn't supposed to happen that far off."

I then cuffed my hands and look at Scott.

Me:"Who are you?!"

Unknown:"Not important. What's important is that you keep your focus on your employee oops sorry...wife."

Me:"What's the point in calling?"

Unknown:"To let you know that I'm not done yet. Tell Aria the truth when she wakes up or next time she wouldn't be able to. This is only the beginning."

Me:"Beginning of what?"

Unknown:"You'll find out soon enough. For now a little advice...keep your eyes open. There's lot of snakes with masks around."

Me:"What do you mean?!"

Unknown:"Bye bye..."

Me:"Wait!...hello! Hello! Hello!"

I then slammed the phone back down. Who the hell is that? The voice is complicated like using an auto tune, so I won't know it's gender. Who can possibly want us dead?

"Brandon? Who was it?" Scott asked. I then explain the to him what the person said.

"Who the hell can that possibly be?" Scott asked as we sat at the dining table.

"Whoever he or she is they're freaking smart. The voice they're using is auto tune so you won't make out the gender." I said.

"But why would they do that?" He asked.

"Better question is who?" I said as we both look at each other.

******
The Next Day....

I have finished brushing my teeth and showering before changing into some black jeans and gray t-shirt. I went down and had a small breakfast which Scott apparently did cook a little better this time, and now we're at the hospital.

"So Aria should be awake when?" I asked the doctor a I sat across from him.

"If she doesn't wake up by tonight we'll have to put her in a coma." He said.

"Coma?" I asked.

"Yes. I'm sorry." He said.

"Look! I don't care what it cost just get her to open her eyes!!" I said standing up in anger and yelling.

"Brandon calm down!" I
Scott said standing next to me.

"I...I understand your frustrations. Your anger is justify but right now you need to be strong and have hope." He said.

"Little hope can crush you and too much of it can kill you. I only believe in knowing. And I know that my wife will be alright!" I said slamming my fist on the desk and storming out.

"Brandon!" I heard Scott calling me but I ignored and went by Aria.

Scott's POV...

"Brandon!" I called out to him but he ignored and left. He probably went by Aria. I then turn around to face the doctor.

"I'm...I am sorry. My brother isn't usually like this. Is just that he's really stressed and scared lately that he's going to loose someone close. We've lost both our parents some time ago and well...that accident happened." I said apologetic.