Chapter 44

Aria's POV....

After talking with the family, I'm feeling much better. Chelsea have finally fallen asleep. She's still trying to process everything...what I don't get is why I can't remember anything.

"Hey?" Brandon called.

"Hey." I said as I was lying under the blankets.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Better, as I talked to everyone and I also talked to Selena... I'm much better. I just to get it, why I can't remember anything." I said as he came and sat next to me.

"All you need to remember is to not stress, and certainly not about that." He said.

"Okay. Go get some sleep. I'll be fine." I said. I know he's tired but he won't leave me unless I ask him to.

"You sure, you don't need anything?" He asked.

"I'm fine. I'll call you if you need anything." I said.

"Alright. Goodnight." He said kissing my forehead and I smiled.

"Sweet dreams." I said as he smiled then left. He switch off the lights before closing the doors. I turn around to face Chelsea.

"I'm sorry I can't help you. I am really trying but I can't remember a thing. But I'll be here for you...if you ever need a shoulder to cry on or lean on. I don't know why but I feel like it's my fault somehow. I just hope it isn't." I said looking at her before closing my eyes to try and get some sleep.

******
Michael's POV....

I was sitting at my office with the others trying to figure who could possibly kill Shawn. Things aren't adding up.

"Whoever killed him must be working with people from the outside." Agent Clark said.

"You mean the ones who are able to shut down our high security computer systems?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said.

"Whoever they maybe, they're very good. To crack and take control of our security systems, they're a frickin genius." Agent Lewis said.

"They also have a lot of guts to pull that off." I said.

"Only they didn't do it for fun. They have to be collaborating with the murderer here in our building." Mrs Cooper said.

"So what do we do?" Agent Clark asked.

"We try to repair the system and see if there's any clues of anything at all." She said.

"But everything was shut down. Even if they start everything back up, it isn't gonna give us the details we want." I said.

"We can try the back up files. Whether the system are off or on the cameras can still record. If we get that to work then we can see what really happened." She said.

"Why wasn't any of us informed about that earlier?" Agent Lewis asked.

"I wasn't sure who I could trust. But now I do know that you all aren't that capable of doing something so dreadful." She said and we all look at her with offended faces.

"Well it's better offended than guilty." I said.

"Well... I'll go inform the security and hacking team." Agent Clark said leaving.

"I'll join you." Agent Lewis said following him out the door. I look at agent Cooper before leaving.

"Agent Murray." She called and turn around to face her.

"I purposely said that so they can leave. There's one more thing." She said and I looked at her confused.

"Aria has removed the two years contract. She decided to leave in nine months time. So it'll be just a year." She said. I felt my heart hurt. But I didn't show it.

"Did she give her reasons for wanting to leave?" I asked.

Flashback....

After Aria left the nurses room, I went to check on her in her room. Chelsea was in the shower, Brandon went to the kitchen.

"Aria? How are you?" I asked her as I sit next to her on her bed.

"I'm fine, thank you Agent Cooper." She said.

"I know you're not. But if you need anything in which I can help in any way, you need to tell me." I said.

"In that case, I do need a favor." She said and I looked at her.

"Tell me." I said.

"I want to change the contract and leave in nine months with Brandon." She said and I looked at her confused.

"Reasons?" I asked.

"After what happened recently...I'm honestly, scared. I keep thinking what if it were Brandon instead that got hurt? I came here not only for my families and my sake but also his. I know that he wants to leave but he's too confused right now. So I'll take the leave. We have an entirely family back home, our kid, our niece, my parents, his brother...I can't...I can't risk our life. So please...allow us to leave. But we won't leave until we complete the one year." She said.

"I understand. I am also married and I'm also a mother. So I know how worried you are. If that's what you want then I'll arrange it for you." I said to her.

"Thank you." She said smiling and I nodded.

End Of Flashback...

"Well I'll organize and renew the contract." I said before walking to the door.

"Agent Michael!" She called and I stopped but not facing her.

"You need to let go of her." She said and I just left. I walked to my room and slam closed my door. I walked into my bathroom and changed before going into the shower. I let the water run through my body as I closed my eyes.

Why do I feel so? It's wrong of me! Get it together Michael! She's married to the one she loves and also have a daughter! Let go! Let go! Let go of her!

The Next Day....
Unknown POV....

"Latest news?" I asked George.

"They're returning in nine months." He said.

"I already know that. I'm talking about Chelsea." I said.

"She's still not speaking of anything." He said and I turn around in anger.

"What did she say?!" I asked.

"To hurry up with our plan." He said.

"She blames me for everything that happened?" I asked.

"Boss..." He started but I cut him off.

"Leave. Don't return to me unless you find out who that killer is!" I said.

"Understood!" He said before leaving.

"I'm sorry Chels...I promise to make everything up to you. I promise." I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, comment & share❤

Click the star and leave your comments below...

Follow me on Instagram: divya_tt

Who do you think the killer is???
Comment below...