Chapter 7

"Nice. Well there's this code I need you to crack open." I said.

"Don't worry Kevin already told me the details. Right now I'm loading it back up." He said.

"Okay. Thanks." I said.

"No problem. Any friend of Kevin is a friend of mines." He said.

"Thanks." I said as I sat down. Soon later Kevin came back with three glasses of juice.

"Thanks." I said taking it and he smiled before handing one to Jay Jay. I wonder what happened between those two? They seem kind of not communicating well.

"Aria? It's completely loaded but something is blocking me from cracking the code. Whoever this person is, they're really darn good! You're gonna have to give me some more time." Jay Jay said.

"How long exactly?" I asked.

"Maybe a day or two. I'll call you when I crack it." He said.

"Okay. But the sooner the better." I said.

"If the person text you again, then keep texting them to buy me the time. Once their phone is on I'll easily track it." He said.

"Will do. I'll text you when they text me but you need to be extremely careful. If whoever, it is that is sending me these messages finds out about you helping me...you could be in danger." I said.

"I once hacked the international top secret services. I help caught top dangerous criminals in the world. What could possibly be a harm to me?" He said raising an eyebrow and I looked at him impressed.

"I'm impressed." I said.

"Well we better get going. It's getting dark." Kevin said. I didn't even realize it was so late.

"Okay, see you soon, Aria." Jay Jay said.

"Bye." I said as me and Kevin left.

*******
I told Kevin to drop me off at my parents, which he did. I was having dinner with my parents whom I still haven't said a word to about what happened earlier.

"Aria? What happened?" My mom asked me as she saw me moving the fork around the noodles.

"Hm?" I asked looking up.

"You've been moving that fork around for almost five minutes now." My dad said.

"Oh. No I have....I was just thinking." I said. Which wasn't a lie.

"Thinking about what?" My mom asked.

"I was...thinking...about. Uhm..." I said looking at Selena whom was also looking at me.

"I was wondering if I should add another to the family." I lied, completely lied. My parents then laughed it off a little.

"But why do you think about it?" My mom asked.

"I thought about bringing a baby brother for my two girls since I didn't have any siblings growing up." I said.

"Aw. Of course you could. What's there to think about?" My dad asked.

"The more grandkids the happier we are." My mom said and I smiled.

"I was thinking about adoption." I said and my parents looked at me, their facial expressions changed. They looked at each other before looking back at me.

"Adoption?" My mom asked.

"Yes, adoption." I said.

"Why exactly?" My dad asked.

"What do you mean why?" I asked.

"Why do you want to adopt?" My dad asked.

"Because I'm not even twenty yet and have two kids. I can't get pregnant again! People will point fingers." I said.

"So what? Your life is your life, not someone else's." My mom said.

"They will talk." I said.

"So what?! Is your reputation gonna be ruin? Reputation this reputation that!" My dad said. And then the memories flashed back.

Memory....

"That's how it's always been, hasn't it? Reputation this! Reputation that! Everything is your reputation and status! That isn't what life's about Brandon!" I said.

*******
"For God sakes, just say something!" I yelled a little too loud.

"It's true! I am the father of Irene's child!"

*****
"She took her own life because of me." Brandon said.

*****
"Aria? I didn't want it to come to this! I was thinking about my family's hard work and what they had to do to reach where they are!" He said.

"You really are a son of a bitch!" I said out of anger.

"ARIA!" He shouted and raised his hands but held back.

"Aria?!" My mom called me as I realised I was just zoned out.

"Excuse me." I said getting up and leaving the table. Just as I was about to leave the dining room, a knock came on our front door.

"I wonder who can that be?" My mom asked as I looked at them before heading to open the door.

"Aria! Be careful!" My dad called out. I opened the door to see the last person I wanted to see right now.

"What?!" I asked.

"Can I come in?" He asked.

"Aria who is it?!" My mom called.

"It's...." Before I could continue Brandon pushed the door opened wider before walking in.

"Sorry for intruding." He said and I rolled my eyes closing back the door.

"You're welcome here anytime. You're part of our family and our home is your home." My mom said getting up.

"Did you have dinner?" My dad asked. Why are they welcoming him? If only they'd knew what he did.

"Uh...it's okay. I'm fine." He said.

"How can that be? Aria go get another plate." My mom said. I looked at Brandon in a silent angry way before heading into the kitchen. I opened the top cupboard and found the plates.

"Being short." I said easily to myself as I tried to grab the plate. No wonder dad always sets the table for dining.

I then saw someone's arm reach and took the plates. I already knew who. I slowly turned around to meet his face inches away from mines. His other hand was on the other side of my face.

"Let's go back." I said. As I was about to leave Brandon blocked my way. He brought his lips down on mines. I couldn't resist but kissed back. No! I have to stop this! I then pulled away from him and pushed him away.

"Aria can we talk about this?" He asked.

"There's nothing to talk about." I said walking away but he grabbed my hand.

"Please, you don't understand." He said.

"What's there to understand?" I asked.

"I..." I then heard Veronica crying.

"Ronnie!" I called as he let go of my hand and we both run out the kitchen. My mom was holding Veronica whom was crying.

"She woke up crying." My mom said.

"Let me." I said taking her in my arms.

"Mommy's here." I said.

"And daddy." Brandon said coming next to me and I rolled my eyes.

"What?" Brandon asked. Then we heard another knock on the door causing all of our attention. Me and Brandon looked at each other, worried plastered on both our faces.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, comment & share❤

Click the star and leave your comments below.

Next update soon.

Who do you think is at the door?