Chapter 55

After arriving at the station, we were carried into a room.

"Mrs Johnson, Ms Lawrence. I am officer Monet. We have some troubling questions that needs to be answered." The officer said.

"Ask us then." I said.

"Well for starters, how did you both know that Ms Emma Lee was in trouble?" He asked and I looked at Ivy who also looked at me before we looked back at the officer.

"Uhm...she is a friend of ours. She recently got into an break-up with her girlfriend and so I called her several times but it led to voicemail and I also left messages but no reply." I said.

"That's why we came to check up on her. We knocked but no answer which was weird because she's usually a fun and going person." I looked at Ivy who continued.

"So when you get there, was the place dark? Lights were off ?" He asked.

"Yes." We said.

"And the thought of her possibly taking a vacation or visiting someone, or even she's not at home...that didn't cross your minds?" He asked.

"No." I said.

"What's the real question that you're holding back?" Ivy asked and I looked at her.

"Why did you know to check around the house for her? And that she was hidden into the basement?" He asked.

"Because it's not like her to go out without telling us." I said.

"Look. We need something, we don't have the slightest clue of who could do this to her. She can't possibly do this to herself right?" He said.

"Even we were shaken up." I said.

"Do you have any suspects that may want to this to her?" He asked.

"Whoever it is, they didn't want her dead." I said.

"Why'd you say that?" He asked.

"If they wanted her dead, they would of finish her off. It seems like whoever did this, maybe they're sending a message or torturing someone else?" Ivy said.

"You're smart. But there isn't anyone you know who may want to do this to her?" He asked and we shook our heads.

"Alright. We'll let you know if anything comes up. Thank you for your time, you may leave." He said.

"Your welcome officer. Thank you." I said and then we left.

*****
"What now?" Ivy asked.

"Hospital I guess." I said shrugging and she nodded.

"Alright let's go." She said and then we left the station.

*****
After arriving at the hospital,  we went to the woman in the front desk who gave us directions to Emma's room. I then saw Brandon and Scott chatting among themselves.

How is she?" I asked.

"The doctor said she'll be fine, she just needs to rest right now." Brandon said.

"Did you get in contact with her families?" I asked.

"We haven't got hold of any relatives because it seems like she grew up in foster care." Scott said.

"Not adopted?" Ivy asked.

"No record of anything." Brandon said.

"That's weird. I mean are you sure you searched her contacts?" I asked.

"We didn't. I asked an old friend. He said there's nothing but he'll continue digging up." Scott said.

"Is it...Kevin?" I asked.

"Most definitely." Brandon said.

"So we stay until she wakes up?" Ivy asked.

"I'll stay, you guys go home and get some rest." I said.

"Are you sure?" Brandon asked.

"Yeah I'll be fine. I'll call when I'm leaving." I said.

"I'll stay with you." Ivy said.

"No need. Go home and get some rest." I said.

"Its fine Aria. You're probably more tired than I am." She said.

"If you insist." I said and Brandon looked irritated.

"Be careful and I'll go buy you something to eat." Brandon said.

"Its fine. I can buy it myself. I don't have an appetit anyways." I said.

"Hmm...you need to eat. If you don't I won't leave." He said.

"I promise to eat. Now go!" I said.

"Fine." He said kissing my forehead.

"Ivy dear...don't forget you also need to eat and be safe and...please come back home soon." Scott said and I laughed.

"I know. Bye now." Ivy said. Scott kissed her cheeks before following Brandon out. After the boys left, both me and went into the room. I sat on the chair next opposite Emma while Ivy stood looking out the window.

******
Two Hours Later....

It's been two hours and she's still asleep or whatever she's doing.

"Ivy, if you're hungry you can go in the canteen down the hall." I said.

"I'm fine. Are you hungry?" She asked.

"Like I said earlier, I don't have an appetite." I said.

"Same." She said. Emma then started moving her eyes.

"Em?!" I called as she opened her eyes.

"She's awake?" Ivy asked walking up to us.

"Who are you?" Emma asked looking at Ivy as I helped her sit up. Y

"Emma? It's me Aria and this is Ivy. We found you." I said.

"Aria? What happened?" She asked.

"Emma, do you remember anything?" I asked sitting next to her.

"Just some person in a white masked." She said and Ivy clenched her fist.

"Do you remember anything else? Like did they tell you anything? Did you recognize their voices? Female or male?" I asked.

"I can't...I...do remember something." Emma said.

"What is it?" Ivy asked.

"I remembered they saying, if my friend doesn't reach here in time, they'd kill me." Emma said.

"Anything else?" I asked.

"Yes. I asked them which friend and they showed me a picture of you." She said and I looked at Ivy who also looked at me.

"Aria?" Emma called me and I looked at her.

"Yeah?" I asked her.

"What did you do?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Why do this person hate you so much?" She asked.

"I don't know. But I promise that nothing will happen to you." I said and she nodded with a smile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote, comment & share❤

Click the star and leave your comments below...