"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express.." Part XX...

"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..."

Summary: In my first longer Proton Jr tale, can Prof Proton Jr. aka mild-mannered Sheldon Cooper and Dr. Amy aka Amy F. Fowler save the world at Christmas...And can Proton Jr. keep that blond sob of an engineering genius Tom Swift, Jr. away from his girl?

Equally important...Should Cameragirl Penny allow this thing to appear on her acting credits or just accept that all hope of a professional career is gone and just enjoy while peddling her drugs?

[For those curious about the Tom Swift adventures, of course much of this is taken from "Tom Swift and His Diving Seacopter", one of the best books in the series which got me into science long, long, long ago.]

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

[Special note. Sorry for the delays on this and several others in progress but too many ideas at once and too much going on in real life these days. But, will see if we can move her along...]

Part XX...

Galley of the Arturo section of the Ocean Arrow...

"So..." Bwarry smiled at Swift as the combined group sat at table. "Any wowrd as to the fate of one Wyckcliffe, male? The Wrussian govewrment demand my head?"

"Right now...They want an investigation and you held for questioning. But they've accepted my request that be put off till the ship and cargo are secured. The UN is following their lead but wants you kept under guard."

"Excellent. Well, I'll make no twrouble and you'll find me a model pwrisonewr." Bwarry beamed. Munson giving annoyed, troubled look.

"Is this supposed to be funny, Bwarry?" she eyed him.

"Hey...Pass me those pancakes, Fowly..." to Amy who glared but complied...I was neawrly muwrdewred myself, sis." Frown at Munson. "You might show a little..."

"Enough!" she rose suddenly. "I'm done. I'll be in the control room with Mr. Barclay." She left the galley, Bwarry eyeing her as she left.

"Well, it's nice to know whewre I stand." He glanced round at the quiet faces eyeing him. "Maybe I'd best take this to my cabin."

"Maybe." Swift, calmly. "But I'll be holding a briefing in thirty minutes so please join us. And you'll be locked in until then."

"Of couwrse." Sardonic look as Wyckcliffe rose with plate and a coffee mug in hand. "By the way, the pancakes awre delicious.

See you all at the bwriefing, guys." He sauntered out.

"That little..." Amy frowned.

"We don't know he murdered Dr. Hofstadter..." Proton shrugged. "He might have been telling the truth."

"So now you're his best friend?" she eyed him.

"Proton's got a point. Innocent till proven, Dr. Amy." Bernadette Swift-Rostenkowski noted.

"Only fair." Swift agreed. "But he stays under guard at all times. And he does not tinker with or otherwise study your detector any further, Proton."

"Of course." Proton nodded. "Say don't we have oatmeal? Social convention requires a guest be served according to his or her request. And I request oatmeal, it's oatmeal day." Frowning at the pancakes and bacon set before him by Amy.

"Not on my ship it isn't." Swift, firmly. Grinning to Bernadette as he took a bite of pancake.

I trust that was clever subterfuge...Amy eyeing Proton...