The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: "The Proton Express..." Part XXXIII...

"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..."

Summary: In my first longer Proton Jr tale, can Prof Proton Jr. aka mild-mannered Sheldon Cooper and Dr. Amy aka Amy F. Fowler save the world at Christmas...And can Proton Jr. keep that blond sob of an engineering genius Tom Swift, Jr. away from his girl?

Equally important...Should Cameragirl Penny allow this thing to appear on her acting credits or just accept that all hope of a professional career is gone and just enjoy while peddling her drugs?

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

Part XXXIII...

...

"My orders, Mr. Swift, are to cooperate with you in your efforts to retrieve the alien vessel." Commander Putinsky noted, her image in the Lermontov control room on the Ocean Arrow's Arturo video screen. "As you requested, to demonstrate our peaceful intentions, we've halted, surfaced, and established video communications." Calm look. "And as yet, I see you have not surfaced but merely sent up a relay device and you remain on your course." Slight smile.

"You fired on us!" Bernadette cut in, glaring at the screen. "Well, your jets did!"

"Sis..." Tom put up a hand.

"I'm informed the aircraft that engaged you bore North Korean markings..." the Commander, cool smile. "If you have more evidence...? To confirm the small lady's charges...?"

(Funny man...Bernadette eyed Leonard grimly.

And don't think I don't know who let it slide...Narrow glare to Howard.

Thank goodness she isn't guessing I ad-libbed that one...Penny thought, offering reproving stare at Leonard.

Really? His stare back...My superior officer throwin' me under the bus?

"Как ты мог, командир?" He eyed her.

Aw...Don't say whatever that was, her look back.)

"We've submitted our evidence to the UN..." Swift paused. "But in the interests of peace and the mission, we've accepted President Putinsky's word his forces were not involved."

"Still..." to her smile... "The agreement with the UN strictly forbids other vessels from engaging without my request."

"We understand that..." nod.

Do I know her from somewhere?...Tom, Bernadette, Bud, Amy...

"Isn't she...?" Bernadette murmured.

"No, she can't be. Professor Hoftstadter is dead. We dumped her body overboard and she sleeps with the fishes, chum for the sharks, her dead and rotting carcass..." Amy hissed back.

("Amy?!" Penny cried.

"What?" So, she can ad-lib but no one else? Amy groused to Sheldon.

"You know the term 'ad-lib' comes from the Latin ad libitum, meaning at one's pleasure..." Sheldon noted.)

Hmmn...She might be a bit familiar but as my dad would say, all them Russkies look alike. Thievin' sidewinders, the lot, Proton thought, watching.

"However, my President feels that given the escape of the Wyckcliffes and the presence of armed unauthorized forces in the area, we should offer what assistance we can, ours being the closest vessel available. If you prefer, we can withdraw." Casual stare.

"No, that won't be necessary." Tom, calmly.

What? Amy, Proton, Bernadette, Bud.

"We welcome your assistance so long as you don't interfere with the retrieval operation."