The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: "The Proton Express..." Part XLVI...

Summary: In my first longer Proton Jr tale, can Prof Proton Jr. aka mild-mannered Sheldon Cooper and Dr. Amy aka Amy F. Fowler save the world at Christmas...And can Proton Jr. keep that blond sob of an engineering genius Tom Swift, Jr. away from his girl?

Equally important...Should Cameragirl Penny allow this thing to appear on her acting credits or just accept that all hope of a professional career is gone and just enjoy while peddling her drugs?

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

Part XLVI...

Aboard the Ocean Arrow...

Another violent lurch, sudden falling forward...

"Almost there!" Tom with Bud and Amy at the controls, peering at the viewscreen, cameras showing feed from the Arturo section's forward end, the sea floor dropping off into the chasm, swirling water full of mud and debris...

"We got one big one just in front of us!" Bud noted as the ship lurched and halted.

"The treads are churning up the muck, we'll have to stop!" Swift frowned, cutting power to the caterpillar drive.

"That boulder is holding us. Could we blast it away with the repelatron assembly?" Bud suggested.

"The assembly on Arturo is out. Either the power connections are gone or the assembly's too badly damaged." Swift shook head. "We'll have to find another way."

"Can we go back and try a different path, around the boulder?" Amy offered.

"We're burning through what power we have..." Swift sighed. "Not enough if we can still move in this muck beneath us. But if we can't use Arturo's, we've still got Suburo and the rotor section repelatrons. Maybe we can lever that thing out of the way, if we rock the ship enough."

"Rock 'n roll." Bud grinned, making hand sign. Amy rolling eyes.

("I would, too." Amy noted.

"So...Was shooting me cathartic?" Lesley smiled at Barry.

"No, actually. Toughest thing I evewr had to do..." he smiled back. She patting him fondly.

"That's sweet. But we have scenes to finish people!" Howard glared, twisting monocle.

"Oh, stop bawling, Wheaton!" Bernadette groused at the teary Wil, seated in his Putinsky suit next to Raj and Lucy.

"Love will come for you one day, my friend." Raj noted. "But like Bernie says, we have a film to finish, brace up."

These method actors are such emotional messes...He noted to Lucy.)

...

The Lermontov...Control room...

"Are we really going to do this, Commander?" the First Officer asked.

"We have our orders, direct from the President, Number One." Commander Putinsky noted. "But for the moment we are simply threatening to fire."

"Commander...He's selling us out." Number One noted. "The UN or Swift's people will sink us even if we manage to fire. And he's declaring us in rebellion to his orders...At the least we'll be international criminals."

"No, I will be an international criminal, Number One." Commander Putinsky, wan smile. "You and the crew are simply following orders, however insane, from your unhinged Captain."

"Well, then...Commander. I must be unhinged as well. Since I choose not to try to stop you."

"Actually, Number One, I think it might be best if you kept your options open." She smiled at his puzzled look. "I seem to recall you were a fine amateur actor back at port when the crew put on their version of 'The Cherry Orchard'?"