The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: "The Proton Express..." Part XVI...

"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..."

Summary: In my first longer Proton Jr tale, can Prof Proton Jr. aka mild-mannered Sheldon Cooper and Dr. Amy aka Amy F. Fowler save the world at Christmas...And can Proton Jr. keep that blond sob of an engineering genius Tom Swift, Jr. away from his girl?

Equally important...Should Cameragirl Penny allow this thing to appear on her acting credits or just accept that all hope of a professional career is gone and just enjoy while peddling her drugs?

[For those curious about the Tom Swift adventures, of course much of this is taken from "Tom Swift and His Diving Seacopter", one of the best books in the series which got me into science long, long, long ago.]

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

[Special note. Sorry for the delays on this and several others in progress but too many ideas at once and too much going on in real life these days. But, will see if we can move her along...]

Part XVI...

("So we got Penny dead on the floor of the engine compartment, shot by Bwarry Wyckcliffe..." Bernadette notes to Leonard. Penny, as a professional, remaining resolutely dead in her robe and nightgown...Though could we move this along, fellas, I'm getting cold here...On the floor.

"Yeah, our Jim Brown from 'Ice Station Zebra'..." Howard nods. Leonard, a bit frowning...I don't just rip off other writers' work. Penny equally annoyed...My honey don't just rip off other writers...Even if his two screenwriting efforts to date were revisions of old works, this one part a 50s young teen sci-fi novel, part old 60s action movie.

"Yeah...I get that..." Bernadette nods. "But, doesn't it bother you just a teensy-weensy bit to shoot your own wife."

"Bwarry shot me..." Penny calls from floor, maintaining pose. "Leonard just crafted the scene...Great job, honey. I felt it."

"She's good with it, ok..." Bernadette, blinking. "Yeah..."

"After playing a mutated woman who turns into an ape to kill, spending most of her time grunting in a mask, playing a Russian scientist with mixed motives and real dialogue who gets bumped off by the bad guy? You betcha..." Penny calls. "What's the problem here? Roll 'em before my tushie freezes off."

"Are you upset by this?" Leonard eyes Bernadette. "I mean like Howard said, I did kill you off in 'Sheldonopolis'."

"Yeah, so you did...But it was rather noble as Hel and as souled Futura/Hel. Plus I was still worker leader Grotta puttin' the screws to the Man, Sheldon." Shrug. "It's just...First you have Penny's character involved with all the male guys and likely betraying everyone...Then you bump her off."

"That's called allowing me to express myself artistically, even though my professional career as an actress is dead...I'm good. Can we please roll 'em sos I can get off this floor." Penny calls.

"She needs to get up. Either we film or we cut and have to leave for the day since the museum is gonna wanna open in thirty minutes, honey." Howard urges.

"Yeah, ummn, Bernadette?" Penny calls. "Leonard and I thrashed all this out the other day. I wanted to die this way, it was my idea. And if you keep this up, he's gonna get all sorry and weepy the way he did when we went over the scene the first time. How you holdin' up, honey, by the way?"

"I'm good." Leonard calls.

"That's my boy. Just don't look at the oozing blood and guts and you'll be fine."

"Ok...I just wanted to be sure this had nothing to do with that thing about Amy yesterday." Bernadette sighs.

"We aired my fears. We're good, Leonard got his ego boosted knowing I'm jealously paranoid about him and Amy. Now on with the show! Better put as, get this crap done so I can get up!"