"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..." Part XXXVIII...

Summary: In my first longer Proton Jr tale, can Prof Proton Jr. aka mild-mannered Sheldon Cooper and Dr. Amy aka Amy F. Fowler save the world at Christmas...And can Proton Jr. keep that blond sob of an engineering genius Tom Swift, Jr. away from his girl?

Equally important...Should Cameragirl Penny allow this thing to appear on her acting credits or just accept that all hope of a professional career is gone and just enjoy while peddling her drugs?

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

Part XXXVIII...

"Oh, radiation levels in the main compartment are normal..." Bud noted, scanning instruments at the Subaro control panel. "You're good to go."

Amy in hydrolung suit at door of the main engine compartment airlock, face visible through tight mask, frowning at Bud and Tom...Tom waving to indicate she should check her transmitter.

("You might note this suit is bringing out my figure, Leonard." Amy suggested. "You know, 'tight suit showing all the curves', that sort of thing. Right, bestie?" posing seductively.

"Oh, my innocent bestie is gone..." Penny sighed to Leonard.

"You mean the one you just said faked her friendship and a lesbian interest in you for years till she got the goods on you and Sheldon...?" he noted.)

"Roger. I want you to know I'm only doing this 'cause there's no way I'm letting that maniac win." Amy's voice on main intercom.

"You're the best person for this one, Amy." Swift noted. "We're the best ones to stay. It'll be fine."

"All right, well stand back and pray the seals are holding." She sighed turning to face the airlock, pressing buttons. A loud whooshing sound from behind door...

("Do we have to do this?" Sheldon eyed Howard as they ran wet vacuum in water tank.

"The miracle of special effects..." Howard noted, with grin. "Just hold it down..."

"Yes...But, it feels demeaning, like being a janitor...Or an engineer."

"Hey!" Bernadette glared at Sheldon. "My dad worked as a part-time janitor for almost twenty years."

"Sorry..." Sheldon sighed. "My father, mother, and Meemaw did always teach me to respect hard work. However insignificant."

"That's it?" Howard eyed Bernadette, who shrugged.

"Become a robot magnate and we'll talk." She noted.

"Sheldon?" as Howard, sighing, went off to store the vacuum in its locker. KEECH...She drew finger across throat, Sheldon staring.

"Watch yourself, bud." She noted sternly.

Leonard eyeing her...Smile. "Nice. But..."

"Well...I can't let Howard get too cocky. And I been fawning all over Herr Director." Bernadette shrugged.

"Never leave me alone with Bernadette again..." Sheldon noted to Amy as she stood in the tank and Raj, Wil, and Mr. Jones entered the set, bearing lunch.

"How's the suit fitting, Dr. Fowler?" Jones called.

"Sheldon...I am not your mother. Though I sometimes feel like it." She intoned, waving.)

"Ok...It's dry, sorta." Amy on intercom, entering.

Phew...Bud eyed Swift who grinned.

"Self-sacrifice is all very well, but I can forego the hero route once in a while..." Bud noted.