"The Adventures of Professor Proton, Jr: The Proton Express..." Part XLIX...

Summary: In my first longer Proton Jr tale, can Prof Proton Jr. aka mild-mannered Sheldon Cooper and Dr. Amy aka Amy F. Fowler save the world at Christmas...And can Proton Jr. keep that blond sob of an engineering genius Tom Swift, Jr. away from his girl?

Equally important...Should Cameragirl Penny allow this thing to appear on her acting credits or just accept that all hope of a professional career is gone and just enjoy while peddling her drugs?

Disclaimer: All is Chuck's...

Part XLIX...

"The alien vessel's coming in..." a technician reported from his console on the Sky Queen's flight bridge. "Impact in one minute...She's coming in fast and hard."

"All right...Stand by, everyone." Dr. Swift noted.

"Can we slow it down?" Sterling turned to him. "Can we use the ship's repelatrons?"

"Too late. Besides, we tried using them to deflect while it was still in space from our space platform. The craft seems unaffected, meaning the hull is of materials unknown to..."

"Twenty seconds...!"

"There!" Sterling pointed as the huge craft roared down past, all staring in astonishment out the view port as the vessel came to a near halt.

"Shock wave! Brace for impact!" Sterling cried, as the huge plane was buffeted.

Below, on the ocean's surface, standing on the hull of the Ocean Arrow's remaining compartment, Bud Barclay looked to see the huge object glowing red hot then suddenly almost hovering and delicately dropping into the sea, with huge cloud of steam.

Whoa! He dived for the open topside hatch, closing it behind him as a massive wave swamped the section.

...

"Impact! We have impact!" a technician abroad the Lermontov cried...The Commander and Number One turning to him.

"Is the vessel intact?" The Commander called. "Sergei?!"

"It's gone under...Impossible to say for sure...It seems to be in one piece." The technician watching his equipment pronounced.

"Heavy turbulence from the impact! Shock wave approaching!" another technician called.

"Can...What...On..." Putinsky's image on video screen, flickering.

"All hands, brace for impact!" Number One cried into his microphone.

...

Wow...The collective crew on the Sky Queen bridge looked about at each other...

"Are we all right? Any injuries?" Dr. Swift called out, speaking into his microphone as well.

"The repelatron lifters kicked in, just enough..." Sterling noted. "We were lucky."

"Sky Queen to alien vessel...This is Dr. Thomas Swift, come in. Tom? Bernadette? Do you read, over?" Dr. Swift spoke to mike. "Ocean Arrow? Bud, do you read, over?"

"Ocean Arrow, here..." Bud's voice a bit strained. "Still in one piece but that was quite a hit. You folks ok?"

"We're fine...Any word from the alien ship?" Dr. Swift asked.

"Nothing to me. But my battery's losing power fast now."

"All right, Bud. We'll descend and drop a line to you. Stand by while we get your position. Mr. Sterling will coordinate the pick-up. Switch to SE channel 2."