Go The Distance

"He's.... like us," Aponi realized slowly as they watched India walk away from North America.

Chilam nodded, they could see the light shining from his head. He had abilities like them. "Maybe he can help them," She wondered.

"Would they even let him help? That's the question," Necuametl wondered too.

"Well... Chenoa (Diega) looks... different somehow," Namid reminded, "She agreed to a group mediation... that's not like her or any of them. They're all becoming more open to spending time with the other nations, that's a step in the right direction."

"Well this is day three, there are a few more days in the meeting week. There need to be more steps," Akando said. He was swinging on a tree... again.

"We can't rush this," Mai shook her head, she would forever feel guilty for this whole thing. Her sisters were afraid of their European family mainly because of her. If only she listened to her mother and Chilam. She was so ashamed at how she acted. "No matter how much we want to tell them everything to get to the right path, rushing it will probably make everything worst."

They couldn’t reveal themselves to their sisters. They just couldn't yet. They were blocked from going to them.

But they could still help them.

"Hmmm," Amadahy tapped her cheek as she thought to herself. She looked at the meeting building and saw what different nations, specifically North America's family members, were doing.

To be honest, she felt like she and Akando probably understood their baby sisters the most because... well. They were also a Native and European mix.

The two lived with their native family but when they came to limbo, they met their European grandparents. When the twins got a bit older, they had asked their grandparents how they felt about them being Natives.

It was very scary waiting for them to answer.

Their grandmother had hugged them. And their grandfather ruffled their hair. Which made Astrid slap his hand for messing with Amadahy's hair.
They had told the two that they were still their grandchildren and they loved them. Being part Native didn't change anything.

Maybe it was because they were also closer in age to North America. But.... when they watched over their baby sisters when the girls were 3 and younger. The Europeans had made Amadahy and Akando feel very self conscious since they prevented North America from seeing Aiyana.

A big reason was because their mother was a 'savage'. And North America didn't have any relation to savages.

It just made them feel.... a bit nervous. Was that how their grandparents felt? Was that how the Nordics, who they would one day meet, would feel?

And when they watched over their siblings and Mai would tell young North America that Europeans hated Natives... it... it kinda hurt.

She would say that Natives and Europeans didn't go along with each other.

It made them feel awkward..... ashamed? Was this how their European grandparents felt? Was this how the Nordics would feel about them when they met one day?

Did their siblings hate them because they were part European?

The twins had once again went to their grandparents, who reassured them. Odin and Astrid always showed them love, made them feel loved and like family.

"You are family, you're my two sweet babies," Astrid had told them once. She was so motherly. "You always were and forever will be my angels." She kissed their cheeks.