Getting to Know You

Belgium really wished he wouldn't pry.

She understood that Denmark was curious about the girls and their lives and what they done in the past since they weren't known to the world. Heck, she was really curious about her nieces' lives.

But to them, they were all absolute strangers so asking such personal things about their past could make the girls so uncomfortable.

She glanced at Spain. The woman was a bit more relaxed. Ever since Roselin had started feeling a bit better from her attack, Carmen had started to relax. But she still occasionally glanced at her daughter from time to time.

Honestly, she had to applaud her friend for her strength. She wasn't a parent, but she was an aunt. And if it hurt seeing her nieces and nephews in pain or sad or something.

It had to hurt way more if your daughters and sons were feeling the exact same thing and you could actually feel it. 

And especially if they didn't remember you. 

She took another look at her friend, who was staring at her drink. Obviously, she was hurt. How could she not be? 

Her third to last child had actually just said that there had been a point in time where all four of her youngest children had looked up to another woman. As their mother.

Heck, she wondered how France and England were doing. She looked at them... The two were listening to Madeleine but she saw the pain in their eyes.

All three parents were silent..... 

It truly was amazing how much her nieces had grown. The last time she had seen them was with tears in her eyes as the then 3 year olds were sleeping in their parents' arms. That had been the goodbye...

And centuries later, here they were....

What she wouldn't give to go back in time and be able to watch the girls grow.

Madeleine had picked up from when Maria had first spoke about George and Martha. She was explaining how they had once climbed up a tree early in the morning just to talk and awhile later, George had started screaming, thinking they had been kidnapped while Martha had actually looked for them.

"He hired butlers for us after that," Diega laughed, "For protection and to make sure we didn't hurt ourselves since we liked climbing trees."

England rolled his eyes. The damn human actually thought his girls would let themselves get kidnapped like that? They were stronger than that.

"That puta of a mother, didn't even know where they were," Carmen cursed to herself, "I can sense my babies. I would have known where they were. She let them climb trees. Dios Mio, they could have hurt themselves." 

France did find the story amusing but still... the fact a human had gotten so close to his girls... They didn't need to be seeing humans as parents when they had their own nation parents, who had been such rich and powerful empires back then. George was a respectable man, he would admit, but the man didn't even have personal servants for his babies? 

If they had lived with him back then, they would of had that. And so much more, he would have spoiled his beauties. 

He gave a low growl and shook his head.

"Well, you did scare him," Denmark smiled, "Maybe it was also because of your age.. How old were you then?"

Carmen looked up at this, how young had her babies been? How young had they been when they needed her?

Amelia looked at her sisters, unsure if she should answer. 

"Young," Maria answered.

"Oh come on," Denmark said, "You're an extremely young superpower, let us know. Like what are you, 12?"