Closer

Iberia had actually been.... nice. She had seemed like such a sweet person.

Too bad she's fake... Just like her daughter....

Yeah.

Madeleine bit her lip to keep from frowning. This was the truth, why was she getting upset with that?

Diega, who was laying on the bed, picked up her phone. She had a text message.... from Arthur..

What?

'Daddy?'  Her heart had somehow asked.

She sighed and shook her head. She had to pull herself back together. As in right now.

He didn't care. No one cared about them. Only her Mama and Native Siblings did.

Well, that's what ego was saying.

'Listen to your heart' That's what her mama would say to her. And someone else.... who?

Didn't matter.

Diega couldn't listen to her heart. She wouldn't. She can't.

Her heart was longing for Arthur. And she wouldn't stand for that. She couldn't listen to that.

Diega felt sick. Something was really wrong with her and she didn't know what. She was longing for Arthur when he wasn't even her father.

She sniffled. That was the truth. This was the truth.

Stop trying to believe lies, stupid. Such a dumbass.

She winced at the what the inner voice said. That was harsh. But it was true.

Diega looked at the text message.

Darling, since you girls are extremely tired please just get as much rest as you need and more. The Commonwealth and OPANAL meetings have been postponed for tomorrow at 10am. Please let me know if this schedule doesn't work for you. I truly hope you jewels feel better. I'm so sorry for what happened today. I would bring you breakfast in the morning but I expect you all would probably go back to your hotel. Please remember to eat. Love, Arthur.

She smiled softly. That message had warmed her heart. He was still calling her names of endearment... She didn't mind it, it made her feel special-

It had to stop.

It has to stop.

What if he's not lying though-

You don't know that!

Nations were amazing actors after all. Well... at least that's what she thought. She knew her and her sisters were pretty good actresses.

Besides. She was being a complete hypocrite. Here she was telling herself and her sisters not to trust these Europeans and yet.. her heart was trying to. Her heart wanted to know more, experience more.

Yeah, no.

She knew what had happened and that was it. That was good. That was all-

What if there's more to the story?-

There isn't.

You don't know that-

"Yes, I do." Diega muttered under her breath. Her head was starting to hurt. Damnit.

She decided to text England back.

Thank you, we're all feeling better. I'm pretty sure this schedule works for us. I'll check with my sisters though to be completely sure.