The End

This chap is an unknown memory. Aiyana doesn't remember this due to how traumatic and disturbing it was for her.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Her children from the North had sent a bird who who told her their message.

The settlement was getting weaker and weaker.

The colonizers of the settlement had been gone for so long that it was slowly falling apart. No attention was paid to it.

The settlement was getting weaker and so were her children.

They barely ate, all they wanted to do was sleep. Their temperatures barely went down.

Their bodies always shook with chills.

Today, like any other day. Native America woke up extremely early, she barely got any sleep. She had to make sure her children were still breathing, make sure they were still alive.

But today, unlike any other day. Aiyana had woke up with a heavy feeling in her heart.

She knew she had dreamed, but surprisingly couldn't remember them.

This wasn't good. Native America had knew in it in her heart that today wouldn't be good.

Her children sensed the same. Many who lived far had arrived today...... no one said the real reason why. Everyone mutually agreed that they had wanted to spend some time with Amadahy and Akando since they were worried.

But they all knew..... her children mutually knew that they had come to make good use of the twins' last day alive.....

And say their goodbyes.

Aiyana...... the poor woman knew too... but she pushed it away.. Her daughter and son would live for another day. She chose to believe that.

Because her heart would break it she believed the inevitable.

It was extremely sad...... they were all right.

The people of tribe they were in, sensed the sad atmosphere and knew they had to get their condolences in order.

The sky was gray. The Sun didn't make itself known today.

Aiyana had asked her children in the North if there was anything they could do. If they could try and heal the settlement.

They had already tried, but the settlement wasn't their own. There wasn't much that could change. It was inevitable.

It was time.

The spirit of death, the spirit Aiyana had prayed for many years to stay away from her and her babies, to stay away from Amadahy and Akando.... it was here.

Whether she liked it or not.

And it would be taking its due.... it would be taking her children.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Please babies," Chilam whispered to them, "Stay awake for us, stay lively."

Stay alive.....

Amadahy wanted to sleep. She was so tired, why was her big sister telling her to stay up? "I'm tired Chilam. I'll play later," She yawned but winced at her sore throat.

Chilam wiped her tears... there would be no later for her brother and sister.

"Why are you crying?" Akando asked. He then had a coughing fit.