Chapter Nineteen

Josiah walked into the building angrily wondering how this could have happened. There was some sort of a break-in could happen.

The security camera did not catch the person responsible and now his company was filled with investigators.

"How did this happen?" he asks the head of the security guards.

"I think it happened during the time we switch places, someone must have been keeping tabs on the routine" Rick told his boss.

"Okay," Josiah said and made his way to the elevator. He was very relieved that none of his employees were injured.

He walked into his office and saw that there were papers all over his desk. The bookshelf that held his safe with important documents was still locked.

He looked at the camera and saw that it was all black.

He rubbed a hand down his forehead before calling his mother.

Caralyn was in the middle of having lunch with the gentleman that she has been seeing. She wanted to tell Josiah but she knew how he would react.

Her phone started ringing and she noticed that it was Josiah.

"I have to take this, it's my son," she said standing up. She walked into the restroom of the restaurant and accepted the call.

"Yes, hun" she answered.

"There was a break-in at the company," he told her causing her to gasp.

"Are you hurt?" was the first question that she could ask her son.

"No mom, I was at home when it happened last night," he told her and she sighed in relief.

"Did the camera catch the person?" Carolyn asked.

"No" he replied while going through the files.

"Okay, I will be there soon," Caralyn told her son before they exchanged goodbyes.

Carolyn made her way back to her date and sat down.

"Am sorry that our date had to end so soon. My son's company was broken into so I will be heading there now" she told Caesar and he nodded in understanding.

"Do you need help? Maybe I can out my detective job to use" Caesar told her.

"I don't know. I haven't told Josiah about you yet" Caralyn told him.

"That's okay, you can introduce me as your detective friend," he said with a grin.

"Fine" Caralyn answered and Caesar paid for the meal while Caralyn left the tip.

When Caralyn and Caesar arrived at Josiah's company, they were surprised by the amount of paparazzi that was present.

"How are we going to get in?" Caesar asked Caralyn who was typing on her phone.

"My son's security will escort us inside," she told him and he nodded.

A few minutes later Rick came knocking on the door. He opened the passenger door for Caralyn and Caesar exit the driver's side.

The cameras started flashing as soon as they recognized who was in the car.

"Ms. Maelburn"

"Ms. Maelburn, who is your male friend?"

"Is your son hurt?"

They kept firing questions at them as they made their way through the crowd of people.

Once they were inside Josiah met them in the lobby and took them up to his office.

"Josiah, this is my friend Caesar, Caesar this is my son Josiah" Caralyn introduced the two.

"Nice to meet you, Josiah," Caesar said extending his hands.

"Nice to meet you too, Caesar" Josiah replied shaking his hands.

"Caesar is here to help with the case, he is detective," Caralyn told her son after seeing the perplexed look on his face.

"Follow me," Josiah said leading them to his office.

"It is a disaster," Caralyn said looking at the papers on the desk and floor.

"I left everything as it was when I got here" he responded.

"What about the cameras?" Caesar asked taking a look around the room.

"They all went out, someone must have hacked the system" Josiah answered.

Caesar went around the room examining anything that they could have left fingerprints on.

"Where is your assistant?" he asked reading the sign on the door.

"She will be released from the hospital today" Josiah explained to him.

"Where was all the night shift security when that happened?"Caralyn asked the same time officers entered the room.

"Mr. Maelburn" the officer called his name.

"Yes sir" Josiah answered and they stepped outside.

"I am officer Blackwood of the LAPD" the officer introduced himself.

They shook hands and started to discuss possible causes.

"Did anything go missing?" officer Blackwood asked.

"I didn't touch anything in case there was anything left behind" Josiah answered.

The officer wrote it down then continued to ask more questions.

"We will be back in two days to conduct a polygraph test with your permission" Blackwood explained.

"Yes that's okay," he said and the officer left.

Although Josiah was not in the mood to be at work he still needed to get to the bottom of it.

He entered Naomi's office where there were other investigators collecting evidence.

Naomi's desk was neatly organized but her shelf area was a different story.

Everything was flipped or on the ground. Some files were scattered on the floor as if they were looking for something specific.

Josiah left the office and entered his where he was surprised to find his whole family.

"What are you doing here?" he asked in general.

"Brother dearest, we heard that someone broke in," Jillian said hugging him.

Caralyn and Phylid had some kind of stare off competition.

"Do you know who did it?" James asked but Josiah ignored him.

"Obviously he doesn't," Blake says rolling his eyes.

Caesar whispered something to Caralyn and Josiah's eyes widen.

"Mom is there something you are not telling me?" he asks and Caralyn nodded.

Caralyn never lied to her son so she saw no reason to do it now.

"We'll talk about it when they leave," she said and he nodded.

"Why can't we talk about it now?" Johnathan asked causing Phylis to gasp and all the siblings laughed.

"Are you serious right now?" Phylis asked hitting Johnathan repeatedly.

"Well, we will be going now. I'll look over the case for you Josiah" Caesar said patted his back.

"Why are you touching my son?" Johnathan asked stepping forward but Caesar ignored him and left.

"Well that was interesting, now leave".