Chapter Seventeen

Naomi rolled out of her bed feeling like she wanted to throw up. Her stomach has been acting weird ever since she arrived home last night.

She ran to the bathroom and threw up everything that she had last night.

Her stomach was hurting badly to the point that she could not find a comfortable position.

She brushed her teeth trying to get the bitter taste out of her mouth.
She knew it would not be possible for her to make it to work today.

She looked around for her phone and noticed that it was on her nightstand.

She held her stomach as she slowly made her way towards her phone.

Every step she made it felt like she was about to faint. She had a mild headache and by the feeling she had, she also got a temperature.

When she finally got to her phone she took a seat and searched for Josiah's number.

"Hello," he answered the phone.

"Mr. Maelburn I am just letting you know that I will not be able to make it in today," she said coughing.

"Why?" Josiah asked.

"I think I have a flu or a stomach bug so I will be going to get it checked," she told him.

"Do you need Andy to take you?" he asked becoming worried.

"If it won't be a problem" she replied.

"It's no problem at all. Get well soon" he told her while he texted Andy.

"Thank you," she said with a small smile although he couldn't see it.

Naomi took a shower and threw up twice in the midst.

Her body was weak and she had no appetite. She got dressed in some simple leggings and a large t-shirt.

There was a knock on her door, she knew it was Andy so she grabbed her keys and phone.

"Good morning Ms. Campbell" Andy greeted her with a smile.

"Morning," she said returning the smile as best as she could.

Andy helped her into the Tesla that Josiah insisted he drove so she could be comfortable.

"Are you okay?" Andy asked when he saw her frowning.

Naomi let out a series of coughs and stared at the sleeve of her shirt.

There was blood all over her shirt causing her to go into a panic.

"What is that-? Oh my God, are you bleeding?" Andy asks starting to panic too.

He never got in a situation like this so he had no idea what he was supposed to do. The only thing he could do was take her to the nearest hospital or urgent care.

"Am dying" Naomi said with tears streaming down her face.

"Did you eat anything that you are allergic to?" Andy asked when they stopped at the traffic lights.

"Not that I know of" she responded

"Okay just sit back and try to relax," Andy said as the other cars started moving.

The ride to the hospital was a bumpy one because every time Andy would break, Naomi's stomach would hurl.

They finally made it to the hospital and Andy helped Naomi make her way in.

A few nurses ran in her direction and helped her into a wheelchair. Her stomach started to cramp causing her to wince now and then.

Andy took out his phone and dialed Josiah's number to fill him in on what was happening.

"Is she okay?" he asked when the phone connected.

"I am not sure but she threw up blood," Andy told him.

Josiah rubbed his head in frustration, he wanted to be there for her because she didn't have anyone except him and Sam.

"Where is she now?" he continued asking questions.

"The nurses took her away," Andy told him and Josiah nodded.

"Okay just please call and let me know any information that you have," Josiah says in a pleading manner.

The call soon ended and Andy sat in the waiting room, he was waiting for the nurses so he could receive some information on her.

Josiah stared at all the paperwork that he had piled up on his desk. Normally the work would be split between him and Naomi which would make things easier.

He was about to grab a file when Tony and his mother entered his office. By the looks of it, Sam was not doing her job, because she should have let him know someone was coming.

"Why didn't you let us know Naomi was in the hospital?" Caralyn asked her son in frustration.

"I wasn't thinking straight," he says rubbing his head.

"We can see," Tony says before taking a seat.

"How did you find out?" Josiah asked now interested because he wasn't the one who told them.

"Andy called Rosa asking if she had any clothes at your house. The doctors said they would be keeping her overnight. He also tried to call you but your phone went to voicemail" Caralyn explained and Josiah picked up his phone realizing it was dead.

He connected it to his computer and it started charging.

"Do you plan on visiting her?" Tony asked Josiah.

"Once I am done with all this work. What hospital is she in?" he responded.

"Los Angeles Community Hospital" Caralyn answered standing up.

"Well, we are about to head out. I need to complete some personal orders for my clients when I returned from the hospital.

"Bye love," his mother said kissing him on the forehead.

Josiah and Tony both pulled each other into a hug.

"I'll see you later," Tony said and Josiah nodded.

After they left Josiah went back to his work. Then there was a sudden knock on his door.

He looked at the camera and realized that it was Sam who was knocking.

"Come in," he said and she did.

"Mr. Maelburn,  I just came to see if you need any assistance with the work. I just got news that Ms.Campbell is in the hospital" she said innocently. She badly wanted to call him by his first name but decided to be professional.

"No thanks," he said bluntly.

"Are you sure?" she asked trying to change his mind.

"You can't even do the work that you are paid to do, how are you going to do something else?" he asks shocking her.

The embarrassment started to kick in so she quickly left while giving him a fake smile.

"It didn't work," she says speaking on the phone.

"You didn't seduce him?" the person asked angrily.

"He cut my attempt down immediately" she tried to explain.

"You need to fix this, that was the whole point of the food poisoning".