Chapter Twenty-Eight

"Get out now," Josiah told the girl that he brought home last night. Today was the day that they would be traveling to France.

The girl sat in the bed as if she did not understand what he was saying.

"Why aren't you moving?" he asks her and she stood up pulling the sheets to cover her naked body.

His mind drifted to Naomi and guilt took over his conscience.

She picked up her clothes off the floor and placed them on. She looked at him one more time before leaving his bedroom.

She went down the stairs where Rosa was preparing breakfast. She finished her walk of shame to the front door.

Josiah went into the bathroom and turn the water on making sure that it was freezing cold.

He thought about his actions and he regretted them. Just when things were starting to look up for him.

Andy left this morning to pick up Naomi so they could both arrive at the airport together.

When he finished in the shower he exits the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. He did not feel like wearing a suit on the jet, so he chose grey sweatpants, white Calvin Klein shirt, and white air forces.

"Good morning" he heard Rosa speaking to someone. The first thought that came to mind was that Naomi was here.

He fixed his hair making sure that it was combed neatly. He placed a beanie over his head and made his way downstairs.

Naomi's breath got caught in her throat when she saw him coming down the stairs.

Her mouth dropped and her heart sped up because of how hot he was looking.

She looked away when they made eye contact and a smirk replaced the smile that he was wearing.

She grabbed the glass of water that was sitting in front of her and gulped it down.

"Morning," he said when he got closer to them.

"Good morning"Naomi replied while Rosa ignored. She was disappointed in him and thought he would go back to his old habits.

"Do you need anything else?" Rosa asked after she placed his breakfast on the table.

"No that will be all Rosa, thank you," he said beginning to eat.

"Hmm" Rosa replied before leaving the room and heading out. She had a choice whether or not she wanted to stay in the house or not.

She chose to spend those days with her family.

"Do you have everything you will be needing?" Josiah asks wanting to make conversation.

"Yes I even packed a swimsuit," she said with a big grin.

"They have some beautiful beaches" Josiah replied.

"I am guessing you speak French" Naomi stated and Josiah smiled.

"Oui madame" he replied with a little smirk.

"Let's hope that somewhere in that reply you said yes," Naomi said causing Josiah to start laughing.

"Are you sure you are not hungry?"Josiah asked once he finished.

"Yes," she responded scrolling on her phone.

"Now that we are friends we should take a picture," she said opening the camera app.

"Ok," Josiah said not wanting to give up the chance to be close to her.

The stood up and head to the large mirror before doing silly poses.

"Wait," Naomi said causing Josiah to freeze. When he least expected it she jumped on his back.

"Let me see your phone," he said and she handed it to him. She stared at herself in the mirror and she looked happy.

Josiah started snapping pictures and most of them caught her off-guard.

She hopped off his back and Josiah walked back towards the kitchen but he could still be seen in the camera.

Naomi opened her Instagram app and did a Boomerang of herself.

"Is it time to leave?" she asked once she made it back to where Josiah was standing.

"Andy will be here to drive us to the airport in a few minutes," he said and they both to a seat next to each other.

"You have something on your neck" she pointed out and Josiah stared in confusion.

"Where?" he asks and the minute she stood up it came back to him.

"Right there," she said touching the spot thing that it would come off.

"Oh that's a bruise," he said hoping that she would sit down and forget about it.

Naomi looked at it and that is when she saw another one.

"Oh my gosh, it a hickey," she said with as much enthusiasm to hide her jealousy.

"It's not" Josiah tried to deny but Naomi had her mindset on the fact that it's a hickey.

"You don't have to lie," she told Josiah and he was taken aback by her nonchalant attitude. That is what confirms for him that she did not like him like he did her.

"Tony and I went to the club and we got a little too drunk," he said trying to explain himself because for some reason he felt like he had to.

"Josiah you are an adult who does not need to be explaining yourself to me," she told him and he instantly became quiet.

A knock came on the door before Andy entered the room.

"It's time to leave, sir," he said and they both stood up. The luggage was placed in the car that Josiah chose.

"Thank you," she said to Andy when he opened the door for her. She scooted all the way over so she could be as far as possible.

Josiah saw what she did and he sighed.

"Tony this is all your fault," he said underneath his breath so the only person who could hear was himself.

"Do you have all your documents?" he asked hoping she would at least answer.

She nodded her head took her phone and started to play Fruit Ninja.

The car became silent and Andy looked back in the rearview mirror and saw that they seem distant.

Naomi went in her bag and pulled out all the files that she will be needing.

"I will give you a run-through of the schedule as soon as we land," she told him and he nodded looking over all the papers.

They finally made it to the airport and the security that was following behind the car came and stood next to the one they were in.

They stepped out and Josiah helped Naomi and were led to the security and TSA where they did their usual checks.

The private jet was already being prepped so when they both got on they did the normal routine before take off.

"Are you upset with me?" Josiah asks Naomi but she ignored him.

She was passing by him to take a seat but he held on to her arm. Naomi's breath quickened and the feeling caused her to gasp. 

"We will be stuck together for the next ten or so hours so you break eventually".