Chapter Forty-Five

"I can't find your father," Phylis said as soon as Josiah agreed to meet her.

"What do you mean?"Josiah asked not getting the point. Before she could answer James, Blake and Jillian walked into his office.

"What is he doing here?"Josiah asked pointing at James who was wearing a smug smile.

"My mother called me," he said taking a seat on the couch that was located in Josiah's office.

"Back to what I was saying what do you mean you can't find Johnathan?" he asked when he saw the serious look she had on.

"You can't find dad?"

"Where id dad?"

"Wait, what?"

Blake, Jillian, and James fired questions as soon as Josiah finished what he was saying.

"That day that you showed up to our house was the last day I saw him. He went out with some friends and when he didn't return I figured he left the country with them. You know how your father is" Phylis said and they all listened.

"But?" Jillian asked knowing there would be one somewhere in the sentence.

"When he didn't return any of my calls and it seems his phone was disconnected I became worried," she said starting to cry.

"I'll have Caesar and my Private Investigator look into it and in the meantime, it would be best that the public know nothing about it," Josiah said picking up his phone.

"So no one has called asking for ransom?" Blake asked while James just sat there.

"Do you have something to do with this?" Phylis asked and James frowned.

"Why would I? I already have the company thank you very much brother" he said with a smirk.

"We need to involve the police," Phylis said all of a sudden.

"Why mom?" Blake asked and she wiped the fallen tears.

"I need my husband to come home and I don't know where he is" she sobbed silently.

"In two days if nothing turns up we will involve the police but for now it is best if the media doesn't hear about it" they all agreed. Phylis and James left leaving Blake and Jillian with Josiah.

"Something is not adding up," Jillian said, and as much as she did not want to doubt her brother and mother she had to.

"Like in the movies they would have most likely sent a video threatening his life or ask for money," Blake said and they both looked at him.

There was a knock on the door and Naomi entered with files in her hands.

They both agreed not to let their relationship interfere with their work.

"Hey MiMi," Blake said standing up and giving her a quick hug. Jillian did the same before she turned to Josiah handing him the files.

She could tell something was bothering him but he was trying to be professional.

"We will be heading out now," Blake and Jillian said before giving the two a last hug and left.

"Are you ok?" Naomi asks as soon as they exit the room.

"Not really," he said being honest with her. He wanted their relationship to last and lies will only break them apart.

She walked over to his desk and pulled him into a hug. He didn't know how much he needed one until he was hugged by her.

"What's wrong?" she asks running her hand through his hair.

"Something happened to my dad and we don't know if he is ok. Sam dropped a bomb after I fired her and I really don't know how to go about things. Then there is the trouble with my dad's company which was mine for some time" he sighed in frustration. There was way too much going on for him to deal with.

"You can take a break, I got everything from here," she said and he pulled her body closer to his while inhaling her scent.

"You're not a werewolf are you?" she joked seeing him crack and smile and that is all she wanted.

"I am not a werewolf but you are my soulmate," he said placing a small peck on her forehead.

"So you are the Alpha and I am the Alpha female?" she asked taking his mind off everything.

His phone started ringing and he saw that it was his mom.

"Shit," he said under his breath because he forgot to break the news to her.

"So you weren't going to tell me your father is missing?" she whispered into the phone.

"Why are you whispering and how do you know?" he asks with a frown.

Naomi was about to leave but he held onto her waist and shook his head.

"Your sister came to my boutique today and she mentioned it to me thinking that you already told me" Caralyn exaggerated.

"We are taking care of everything," he said but she wanted to stay on the phone.

"Why won't you involve the police?"Caralyn asked and Josiah thought about whether or not she should mention the plan.

"We have it under control," he said and she continued talking until finally, she had to go and help a customer.

"You have a plan, don't you?" Naomi asked Josiah who had a certain look on his face.

"Something like that" he spoke and she stood up from his lap.

"Well I need to go and sort some things out for the new receptionist you will be hiring," Naomi said about to leave.

"No kiss?" he asked and she turned around and their lips met.

"Ok see you later," she said leaving and going back to her office.

She was hoping that their relationship would not interfere with the quality of her work.

The day went by fast and soon it was time for them to leave and go home.

Josiah got through to Caesar and his Private investigator who was already started to work on the case.

"So you know where the last place he was seen?" he asked and them man pulled up the camera footage.

"The last thing we see is him leaving the golf course with a group of friends. The video also showed his car leaving the parking lot and that was it" he said and Josiah took in the information.

"What do you think?" Josiah asked wanting another person input.

"I think whatever happened was an inside job".

Double Update like I promised. Please vote :)