Chapter Fifty-One

Naomi woke up to the smell of food causing her to roll over in bed. She used her hand to search the bed for Josiah but he was no longer there.

She opened her eyes and took a look around. The events of last night played on her mind.

She went to the bathroom and took a shower and did her usual routines hoping he would be done before he came back. She was happy to see that he was still not back when she finished.

She sat in her bed and turned the television on. Today was one of her lazy days. Her cycle was close and most days before the actual cycle she became gloomy.

"Good morning" Josiah walked through the door with a wood tray.

"Morning" Naomi said when he got down to her level and kissed her.

She looked at the food that he prepared and smiled happily.

"Thank you, baby," she said and he sat next to her. She usually hated eating in her bed but she was willing to make exceptions.

"This looks so good," she said looking at the pancakes, topped with strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. It also had whipped cream. Her favorite.

"Mm," she said when she took her first bite. It was very delicious and everything was just right.

"They are good?" Josiah asked hopefully and she gave him a thumbs up.

"I have done my job," he said grinned happily while standing up.

"Where are you going?" she asks him seeing that he was getting ready to leave.

"I got to stop by my house so I can get ready to head to the office" he clarified and she nodded. She became sad all of a sudden before she remembered that she needed to get dressed too.

"See you there," he said when she clutched onto his shirt.

"Yea," she said pouting and he laughing kissing her lips.

After a few minutes of her holding onto him, she finally let go and he could leave.

Naomi got dressed for work and as much as she wanted to wear something comfortable, she couldn't.

She didn't want to take advantage of being the boss's girlfriend.

It was starting to become cold so she was wearing a turtle neck and pants. The drive to the office was long because the traffic was horrible.

She was seven minutes late for work.

She walked into the lobby after parking the car and was surprised by who she saw.

"Cassy?" she asked not believing her eyes.

"Naomi," Cassy said and they hugged each other.

"What are you doing here?" Naomi asked her looking quite puzzled.

"The business deal did not breakthrough, the company I worked at suffered a great loss and they had to let their employees go. Then I came back here hoping I would see you and that was when I saw the help wanted sign" she finishes her story.

"Wow," Naomi said happy she got to see her friend again.

"So, did you go in to see Mr. Maelburn," she said choosing to be professional even though she was talking to an old friend.

"Not yet, you are supposed to take me to the waiting room" she replied and Naomi remembered the others being interviewed.

"Follow me," she said and they both made their way to the floor she worked on.