Chapter Sixty-Three

When Josiah woke up Naomi was no longer in bed with him. He saw the door to the bathroom opened and heard her sniffing.

"What's wrong?" he quickly went and helped her up and she sat on the counters.

"Nothing," she said wiping her tears. She is now one month pregnant and every time she thinks about it she becomes scared.

"Don't lie to me," he said holding her face with his hand while looking in her eyes. Naomi tried to look away but he would not allow her to.

"Tell me what's wrong love" he pulls her into a hug and rubs her back. He could hear her starting to cry again.

"Do you love me?" she asked and he pulled away to look at her.

"More than anything," he said and she wiped the tears away.

"Do you want this baby?" she proceeded to ask him.

"What's with all these questions. I love you and I already love our baby," he said placing a hand on her stomach. There was still no bump but it became a habit for him.

"What if-" she started but couldn't even finish her sentence.

"Just tell me what is going on and how I can help," he continues to rub her back.

"Before I became homeless I had this doctor visit and they told me something heartbreaking. I know I should have told you before or when we were at the doctor's but I was scared," she said before taking a deep breath.

"I was diagnosed with a condition called incompetent cervix. I won't be able to carry a baby full term and the chances of a miscarriage are higher or the baby can be born premature," she finished and all he could do was pull her into a hug.

"It's not your fault. We will do everything we need to and I will bring in some of the best doctors so both you and our baby are safe," he said kissing neck.

"I am just scared that I will not be able to give you a child,"  she whispered silently but he still heard.

"Don't worry about it too much. We will have our regular doctor visits to make sure everything is going great," he said helping her down. He started running her bath so she would be able to relax.

"We have work soon," she said but he shook his head no. This was something that he wanted to take up with her.

"I don't want you stressing yourself with that. I was also hoping you would agree to move in with me," he said and she closed her eyes.

"I want to work," she pouted. She did not want to become a leech and live off anyone again.

"You don't need to work. What's mine is yours" he said brushing his teeth and looking at her in the mirror?

"I guess it will be best if I do move in. And your right I am here more than I am at my place," she said and a big smile took over his face.

Once she got out the bath rub, he wrapped a towel around her and watched as she walked to the closet. She came out holding sweatpants and a hoodie.

She lotioned and oiled her body before going downstairs. Josiah soon followed behind her wearing his office clothes.

"Do you need me to make breakfast?" she asked him going into the kitchen.

"No, I'll pick up something on my way," he said before kissing her.

"Bye, I love you," he said to her.

"I love you to have a good day," she told him and he nodded before leaving out the door.

Naomi walked into the living room and took a seat wondering what she could do. There was nothing to do around the house and she was not ready to eat.

Then she remembered that she never got the chance to explore all of the house.

After she finished exploring the house she found seven other bedrooms with a private bathroom, library, office, movie room, game room, and some other extra rooms.

She decided to go out for breakfast instead of eating in the house by herself.

She did not feel like changing so she went in the same clothes she was wearing.

As soon as she got out of the car people noticed her and were beginning to crowd her.

"Excuse me," she said pushing her way through and she finally entered the restaurant.

"This was a bad idea," she said standing in the line. It was soon her turn and she was shown to her table.

"Hi my name is Emily and I will be your waitress for today," someone came and stood in front of her.

"Hi," she said not wanting to seem rude.

"Can I start you off with a drink, what would you like?" she asked and Noami looked at the menu although she already knew what she wanted.

"Strawberry lemonade, please," she said and Emily took note of it before leaving. She looked straight ahead and she saw someone taking pictures of her.

"Really?" she asked herself before pulling out her phone.

Emily soon arrived with a glass of strawberry lemonade. She also added a piece of lemon on the side.

"Are you ready to order ma'am?" she asked and Naomi nodded.

She was craving some crepes and also waffles and eggs.

After ordering her food she went and checked on the date in which she will be having her next appointment.

Naomi was still in disbelief about having a baby. When she was small she always dreamed of being married or at least engaged when she had her children. But that all changed at the doctor's check-up she had. She was in fear that something would happen to her or her baby.

She unconsciously laid a hand on her stomach and rubbed it gently.

"I am having a baby," she said processing her words.

"I beg your pardon" Emily. the waitress said placing her food on the table.

"Oh I was talking to myself," she said her cheeks slightly turning red. She hoped the waitress did not hear what she said. The last thing she wanted was for their business to be aired on the internet.

It took her almost forty-five minutes to finish all the food she got. She paid for her meal and left Emily and one hundred dollars tip.

As soon as she opened the door paparazzi's started to ask her questions.

She ignored them but they continued to follow her until she made her way to the car.

Just as she was about to open the door she felt someone being pushed on her. She covered herself protectively as she fell to the floor.

Her head hit the tire of her car.

"She's bleeding".

Thank you guys so much for 7k votes. Don't forget to comment because they motivate me to do more updates. Next update is Wednesday.