Chapter Sixty-Four

Dedicated to Moniffapil

"I promise you I feel fine" Naomi told Josiah for the tenth time. He has been asking her the same question ever since he arrived at the hospital.

The doctor told her that her baby was fine but she was still shaken up by the incident. She knew the baby was still in the embryo stage, but that was still her child. 

"Did you do one of those picture things?" Jillian asked the doctor. She was around Josiah when they got the call. They ended up telling her the truth so it could be easier. 

"I still can't believe am going to be an aunt" she squealed and Naomi smiled. 

"How did you know that I am here?" she asked Josiah. She knew someone must have called him but there weren't any familiar faces during the incident. 

"One of my workers called to let me know. She brought you here after you passed out" he said rubbing her stomach gently. 

"I am thinking about getting you a bodyguard. Now that you won't be working and you will be at home more" he said and she started to shake her head. 

"I want to come back to work,"  she said with a small pout. 

"No" he responded to her but she wasn't ready to give up. 

"At least I will be around you and you won't have to worry about me too much," she said and he thought about it. That was a good idea and he could keep an eye on her. 

"Ok but you have to start working in my office," he said causing her to nod eagerly. 

"I love you," she said puckering her lips for a kiss. 

"Hello, I am still here," Jillian said after clearing her throat. 

"Anyways have you came up with a name for my niece?" Jillian asked when they looked at her. 

"Niece?" they both asked her. 

"Yes I am team girl but a boy will do too," she said causing them to laugh. 

"We haven't thought of any yet. We were waiting until she passed her first trimester" Josiah replied to his sister who nodded her head in understanding. 

"I don't even see anything yet," Naomi said looking down at her flat stomach. 

"Your tiny so you might start showing around four months," Jillian said staring at her phone. There were a lot of rumors on social media and people were making up assumptions as to why she was bleeding.

"How is your head?" the doctor asked Naomi checking the bandage on her head, 

She had a cut and swelling at the back of her head. It was no longer painful since they gave her pain medicines. 

"It's better than it was thirty minutes ago," she told him. He started to check her to make sure everything was how it should be.

"We have a sonographer on standby. Would you like an ultrasound to be done?" he asked them and they looked at each other before agreeing. 

"Yes please," Naomi answered sitting up in the bed. She was tired of being in the hospital and she also knew she had to answer questions from her family. 

They have been calling her non-stop especially Najomi who knew her situation. 

"Just s second," the doctor said before he left the room. 

"I can't believe I am about to see my niece" Jillian grinned. 

The sonographer came in and started to set up the pieces of equipment they would be using. 

"How are you doing Ms. Patterson?" the lady asks pulling up her chair towards Naomi's bed.

"Tired" she answered honestly. This whole day was tiring and drained all her energy. 

"The next few months are going to be tiring but we do advise bedrest closer to your due date," she said before removing things from a container.

"Are you wearing a shirt under?" the lady asked and Josiah stepped forward staring at her annoyed.

"Haha, I need to see her stomach to apply the gel" she laughed it off. 

"Calm down brother," Jillian said pulling him back slightly. Naomi rolled up her shirt so the doctor could see her stomach.

"This will be cold," she said and Noami took a breath before feeling it on her stomach. The doctor then took a wand and started circling her stomach. 

They could hear noises coming from the machines and they look at the screen. 

"Where is the baby?" Jillian asked squinching her eyes looking at the screen. 

"She is very early in the pregnancy so the baby is not developed. That small thing right there is the embryo" she explained and Josiah looked at the screen with admiration. 

That little thing would turn out to be his daughter or son. 

"Would you like some pictures?" she asks and Naomi hiccuped.

"Yes".

"Are you ok?" he asked looking at Naomi who was wiping her eyes. 

"That's our baby," she said and he leaned down to pull her into a kiss. 

"Yeah, that's our little human your carrying," he said wiping away a stray tear. When they turned around Jillian and the doctor was no longer there. 

"Am scared" she admitted. She has been doing her research ever since she found out. 

"Why?" he asked her rubbing up and down her arm. 

"My body will never be the same. And I don't want you to lose interest in me" she said and he placed a kiss on her head.

"I don't want anyone but you" he responded wiping her tears. She wasn't even that far along and she was already emotional. 

"Here are the pictures," the doctor said walking back into the room. There was also a discharge sheet that Naomi signed so she could leave. 

"Let's go so I can take you home," Josiah said taking a napkin and wiped the gel off her stomach. Naomi held up the ultrasound pictures and stared at them.

"When do you plan on moving in?" he asked her placing an arm around her waist. 

"My lease ends in a few months" she responded not giving him a straight answer.

"So when?" he continues to ask her. 

"We can start the process during the week," she said as they walked outside. 

As soon as they made it into the lobby they saw Jillian. 
And a very familiar face that she hasn't seen in years.

Laurel.

We all can agree that they have been through too much.

Anyways where are my readers from? Rep your country or state . (sounded better in my head)