Chapter Thirteen

"Josiah" Carlyn shouted when she entered his house.

Josiah was still sleeping from the long night he had last night. He has work in two hours but that was not on his mind at all.

"Josiah" she shouted walking upstairs making her way towards his bedroom.

It was really dark and she could not see anything as she wandered around looking for the lights.

When she finally found it she flipped the switch causing him to roll over and place a pillow over his head.

"Josiah Maelburn" she shouted getting his attention.

"Mom" he drags out when she opens the curtains to his balcony causing sunlight to enter.

"You need to be at work in less than two hours," she told him and he quickly stood up.

"Whose car is that outside?" she asked when he was finally awake.

"Tony," he said groggily getting out of bed and going to his large bathroom.

"Oh, shit," he said when he remembered the events of last night. He quickly left his room and went to the room which Naomi was staying in.

"Ms. Campbell" he called her name.

"Naomi," he said when she did not reply.

He started to shake her body softly and she woke up dashing to the bathroom.

She had a hangover after all the vodka she drank. She puked her guts into the toilet and Josiah held her hair up.

She wiped her mouth and flush the toilet while standing up in embarrassment.

"Mr. Maelburn," she said.

"Good morning," he said with a little smirk.

Naomi washed her mouth out then went ahead and brush her teeth. While brushing she stared at herself in the mirror and that is when she saw what she was wearing.

She stopped brushing and looked back from Josiah to her outfit.

"Um," she started.

"I'll give you some privacy," he said leaving quickly. He turned and looked over her one more time while biting his lips.

Josiah made his way to his bedroom where he then proceeded to take a shower.

Naomi stared at her hair which had now become tangled. She loved her type 4 hair but it took a lot of effort to tame her hair.

"Where did you go?" Caralyn asked when Josiah entered the kitchen.

"Hey mom," Tony says entering the kitchen.

"Tony" Caralyn says when she saw him pulling him into a hug.

"Mom, can you make an extra plate?" Josiah asked not wanting to get into details.

"She still here?"

"Why?"  Tony and Caralyn asked at the same time.

"Oh my gosh," Josiah groaned placing his head in his hands.

"You have a guest?" Caralyn asked placing a plate of bacon, eggs, and cinnamon rolls in front of the two men.

"He does," Tony said before Josiah could answer.

"And who is this person?" she continued asking.

"My assistant," he told them and started eating.

"His very personal assistant," Tony said with a smirk on his lips.

"Is this true?" Caralyn asked but was interrupted by footsteps.

Naomi entered the kitchen and saw an unknown woman.

"Good morning" she announced making her presence known.

"Morning" they all replied.

She looked around not trying to make eye contact with Josiah. She remembered all that happen last night and she was very embarrassed by it.

"Naomi this is my mother, Caralyn Maelburn" Josiah introduced. "Mom this is Naomi Campbell, my assistant".

Naomi was about to extend her hand for a handshake but was shocked when she was pulled into a hug.

"Um, nice to meet you," she said and Caralyn smiled.

"Thank you for everything Mr. Maelburn and it was very nice meeting you Caralyn. My uber will be outside the gates so I must go now" she said leaving.

"Nonsense" Caralyn said catching everyone off guard.

"What?" Naomi asked politely.

"Yes mom, what?" Josiah added in.

"I made enough breakfast for all of us. I also need to know my son's lady friend" she said causing Josiah to choke.

"Oh no ma'am, I don't mean to impose and I am just an employee of Mr.Maelburn," Naomi says shaking her head.

"You can call me Caralyn and quit it with all the formalities," Caralyn says waving her off.

A snort escaped Tony's mouth causing all the attention to be on him.

"My bad," he says trying to contain his laugh.

"What is so funny?" Josiah asked with a serious expression.

Before Tony could answer they were interrupted by Naomi's phone going off.

"My uber is here" she announced.

"Well cancel it, honey," Caralyn said and she did.

They sat in silence as a plate was placed in front of her. Naomi said a silent prayer thanking God for all His blessings.

They watched her silently as she prayed over her food.

"Where are you from?" Caralyn started asking questions causing Naomi to freeze mid-bite.

"I uh um" Noami started to stutter.

Caralyn, after noticing her discomfort acted quickly.

"It's okay you don't have to say anything, I am so sorry for prying," she said.

For the rest of the time at breakfast, it was mainly quiet.

Noami's mind drifted to the letter that she received from her mother.

Without even knowing it tears started falling down her cheek.

Tony noticed and stood up walking towards her.

"You okay?" he asked her grabbing Josiah's attention.

"Yeah, I need to go back to my apartment so I can get dressed for work," she said and he nodded.

"Okay let's go," Josiah said.

"Thank you, mom," he said giving her a kiss on her cheek.

"Thank you Ms. Maelburn," Noami told her while giving her a short hug. She did the same with Tony before they left for Josiah's cars.

"He likes her doesn't he," Caralyn asks watching the smile on her son's face.

"By the looks of it," Tony said shrugging.

"We need to get a Private Investigator to investigate her," Caralyn said.

She was having one of those weird feelings and whenever that happens she is never wrong. A similar thing happened when she heard about Bianca's pregnancy.

"Why?" Tony asked with a frown.

"It's just something really familiar about her".