Chapter Ten

Carlyn sat listening to her son as he vented to her. She had seen all the recent news and drama that was surrounding him.

"So she is not your girlfriend?" she asked him for clarification.

"No, she is my assistant," he said and she nodded. After Blake broke the news to him Josiah was not able to work for the rest of the day.

"Why did she say the baby is yours? We all know that girl has a way of going around" Carlyn said without a care. She was one to speak her mind no matter the situation.

"She has become irrelevant and that was her way of making herself known again. We have been broken up for four months and she is still showing up at my house" he told his mother.

"Ask her to get a DNA test done," Carlyn told her son who only shrugged his shoulders.

Josiah called her continuously but she refused to pick up his calls.

"I tried calling her," he said taking a seat opposite his mother.

"You need to just take a break and go on a vacation," Carlyn said.

Although Josiah needed a vacation that would not be possible around this time. Naomi had just become his assistant and had not learned all the techniques, he couldn't just leave her unsupervised.

"Right now is not a good time for that" he replied and she nodded in understanding.

"What about you go out and have a drink with Tony?" she asks and he perked up at the idea.

Tony was his best friend since they were three years old. He owned business out of the country and he always travels to make sure everything is good.

"Yes. that is a good idea. He is supposed to be back tomorrow" he told his mother.

"How is everything going mom? Is the shop doing well?" he asked trying to remove himself from being the main topic.

"yes my online orders are piling up," she told her son.

They continued their conversations before Josiah had to make his way home.

Today was Andy and Rosa's day off so he will be the only one at home.

He sat in his car at the same time his phone started ringing.

"Hello," he answered without checking the caller Id.

"Hey babe" he heard Bianca' s voice on the other end. h was about to hang up but he remembered he needs to talk to her.

"We need to talk," he says disregarding her earlier words.

"Yeah, I wanted to tell you before the media found out," she said lying.

He rolled his eyes knowing she could not see.

"Tell me what? As far as I am concerned I am not the father of whatever baby you are talking about"he went straight to the point.

"What about we meet in person?" she asks.

"Sure, meet me at Auntie's in fifteen minutes," he told her hanging up.

He did not want to be seen in public with her especially at an expensive restaurant. So he chose a very low key environment where they will not be the main focus.

He arrived at the small diner and saw Bianca exiting her car. She had a frown on her face as she looked around.

He gave her a once over until his eyes fell down to her stomach. There was a small bump poking out of the top she was wearing.

"Let's go," he said when he caught up with her.

"Wow! no how are you doing?" she said sarcastically.

"You seem to be enjoying this" he muttered under his breath.

"You have no clue" she whispered and entered the diner.

"Welcome to Auntie's," the host said and we nodded. We sat somewhere private and ordered our drink.

"Let's be honest now. Is it really mine?" he asks.

"I am positive it is," she said with a smug grin.

"How far along are you?" he asked.

She thought about it for a minute before removing an ultrasound from her purse.

"Four months and two weeks" she answered.

Josiah did the math and it added up. But as much as it added up there is no telling how long she has been sleeping with James.

"It could be James" Josiah replied staring at the picture.

"It's not" Bianca cut off gritting her teeth.

"How would you know? when did you start sleeping with him?" he asks shocking her.

She pondered over the question reluctantly not having an answer.

"I refuse to pay for anything until I find out the DNA. By the looks you had it is less likely that your child is mine" he said standing up.

He left a hundred dollar bill on the table before leaving out the diner.

Bianca watched him leave the diner with a scowl on her face.

Josiah barely made it to his car before he was bombarded by the paparazzi.

"Is it true that you are the father of Ms. Kinsley's child?"

"Will this be your heir?"

"Do you plan on signing the deal?"

The questions flew from their mouths and without security, it is really hard to maneuver around them.

"No comment," he said pushing his into his car. He drove off without his seatbelt on because of how bad he was trying to leave.

~
Naomi looked around the apartment that she wanted to call her home. This was the company owned apartment so she was able to get an employee discount.

"What do you think?" Sam asks making her way to the large window.

"It's beautiful" Naomi answered with a smile.

"This is the one?" Sam asked, finally after a long day of looking at buildings she finally made a choice.

Naomi stared at the screen of her brand new iPhone eight plus. She decided to downgrade because she liked the home button. '

After another thirty minutes of paper signing and cash deposits, Naomi became the proud owner of her home.

"This is really mine," she said twirling around.

Naomi and Sam both danced around the living room before taking a seat.

"I have been meaning to ask, did something happen between you and Mr. Maelburn?" Sam ask.

"No" Naomi quickly answered looking away.

Why are you lying?