Chapter Seventy-Two

"TMZ has just reported that billionaire Josiah Maelburn has confirmed his engagement to his assistant. The couple is also expecting a baby girl in a few months to come" the reporter announced on the television. 

"Although it is a sad day for all the women who dreamed to be his wife, we are sending our good wishes to the couple as they start their journey" she finishes before they moved on to other news. 

"I am so happy we got that out of the way. It was hard trying to hide a six-month stomach" Naomi said looking at the television in Josiah's office. 

She was back to work after the announcement and it was safe to say not everyone was happy. She could feel them staring at her whenever she made her way into a room. 

"Hmm" Josiah replied looking over some papers. There were a lot of things that needed to be changed around the company. 

He was also working on a surprise for Naomi as a push present. 

"I'll go and get your coffee" she stood up and was about to leave but he stopped her. 

"That is not a good idea. After our announcement this morning the building is surrounded by paparazzi" he said at the same time there was a knock on his door.

Cassy walked in with two cups and a bag. 

"Good morning" she greeted and Naomi gave her a quick smile. Things between them were not like it was before. But she expected that to happen people grow apart from each other.

She left and Josiah handed Noami the bag. 

"I ordered you some hot cocoa and croissant," he told her taking a sip of his coffee. 

"Thanks, baby," she said before digging into it. '

Josiah placed all the files he would need for the next meeting on one side. 

"Have you thought of any names?" she asked him. They both agreed that Josiah would pick the first name and Naomi would pick the middle name.

"Namiah, in Arabic it means special" he smiled thinking about it. It was both their names added together and made Namiah. 

"Namiah Alora Maelburn," she said the full name. 

"Alora?" Josiah asked and Naomi shook her head. After learning the meaning, no other name seem appealing to her. 

"Yes, it means 'The Lord is my light' and it is very fitting," she said looking over the papers.

"It is" Josiah replied and stood up. He had a meeting and he needed to leave early so things could be set up. 

"It's time already," Naomi said also standing up. 

"Just a little headstart so we can get things started," he said and she grabbed all the files they needed. 

"You look beautiful," he said looking at her. She looked away with blushing cheeks. It was as if they had just met again, the sparks were undeniable. 

"Thanks," she said avoiding eye contact. 

Josiah took strides over to her and with his index finger, he lifted her chin. 

"Look at me," he said and they made eye contact. He pecked her lips twice before putting his arm around her waist. He rubbed her stomach gently feeling a kick.

"No way, you know how she gets" Naomi playfully pushes him away. It was the truth that every time Josiah rubbed her stomach the baby would kick. 

"She is a daddy's girl" he laughs lightly. 

"Tell him your a mommy's girl," Naomi said rubbing her stomach waiting for a kick.

"Hahahaha" Josiah laughed when he saw the look on her face. 

"This is so not fair" Naomi pouted but on the inside she was happy. She was happy they formed a bond outside of the womb. 

"Let's go," she said walking in front of him. 

"This is the last month you are working for me. You will be taking maternity leave seeing as you are only a few months away" Josiah said as soon as they walked out. 

"Speaking of maternity, I have checked your schedule and set an appointment for us to have a maternity shoot," she said ignoring the other half of what he said. 

"Have you chosen a color?" he asked. They were deciding between white or pink for the shoot. 

"We can do both" she shrugged her shoulders. The most she was looking forward to was the portrait that they were going to have done. 

Josiah wanted a portrait to be placed above their bed. 

"Now that we have figured out a name, we can get started on the nursery and baby shopping. They already had a lot of gifts that they received after the gender reveal. 

"Yes, I can't wait to have a mini-me" Naomi gushed and stopped when they were in front of the door. 

"Prepare for them to stare" she rolled her eyes and pushed the door open. The room immediately became quiet and most eyes fell to her stomach and her engagement ring. 

"Ahem" Josiah clears his throat and all the attention went to him. 

"Good morning," they said in sync as if it was practiced many times. 

"Morning, let's get this meeting started" Josiah replied immediately losing his patience. 

"I am here to listen to all their proposals and I need the information that you received from the workers in France," he said and the meeting started. 

Naomi took notes passed out the copies of the files that they needed. She took a seat and took in a deep breath, her head was spinning and she could feel the bile rising. 

Josiah looked at her after noticing her skin becoming pale. 

"Bathroom" she mouthed and stood up to leave. 

"Just a second" Josiah said following behind her. They closed the door and she hunched over the toilet. 

Josiah rubbed her back as more vomit left her mouth. 

"I thought you were not supposed to be having morning sickness six months in" he stated and she only closed her eyes. 

"I-" she didn't get the chance to finish because she started to throw up again. After a minute they were finally ready to leave. She washed out her mouth before eating a fresh piece of gum. 

They were about to walk back into the room when they heard talking. 

"I always wondered how she got the assistant position without even having a college degree," someone said. 

"She probably slept her way to the top," a female voice said, and laughing followed. 

"Never mix business with pleasure. Because of her the meeting isn't even happening and that's wasting our time" they said and Josiah grew angry. 

"Is this what I pay you for to gossip about your employer's wife?" he asked and they all became quiet. 

"Josiah-" Naomi started but he cut her off. 

"If any of you have a problem then you can always leave. There are so many others who want the same job you are in. I started this company without the help of any employees and losing a few wouldn't be a problem. You need me more than I need you because if my company was to go down, my family will be good for the next generations to come. I will not tolerate any disrespect towards me or my wife for that matter. The next person I hear mention anything about her then consider yourself jobless".