Chapter Fifty-Seven

A few days passed and Naomi was finally off her cycle. Today she decided to take a visit to the doctor so she could be placed on birth control.

She was sitting in the waiting room with Jillian who wanted to tag along. They didn't get to spend much time together especially with her mother's trial coming up.

It was also a week before Halloween and every year Josiah's company hosted a party. They also had a fundraiser for kids with disabilities.

"Have you decided what you will be dressed as for Halloween?"  Jillian asked her friend. She has been asking her that ever since October started and she still had no idea.

"We haven't decided yet," Naomi said when the doctor walked out.

"Naomi Campbell" they called her name and she stood up. She already applied for her name to be changed but it could take at least six months.

"Are you coming in?" Naomi asked Jillian and she shook her head. She was waiting for a call from her father and did not want to disturb them.

"I'll wait out here," she said and Naomi stood up and left with the doctor.

"I see that you have come to be placed on birth control," the man said opening the file.

"Yes, I have," Naomi said taking a seat on the hospital bed.

"Have you chosen what form of birth control you would like to take?" the doctor asked Naomi.

"No, I was hoping you could tell me all my options," she said and he piped up at the opportunity.

"We have six different types of birth control available. The IUD, implant, shot, pill, patch, or ring. You also have the choice of the morning after pill which you can find at your local drugstore" he explained all her options.

"How long is the shot effective?" she asked already deciding on what option she chose.

"It can last up to three and a half months but doctors generally authorize for you to come back at twelve weeks" he responded causing her to nod.

"I like that option," she said and he stood up.

"Alrighty, do you know where you want it to be placed?" he asked her and she showed him her arm.

"First we need to confirm that you are not pregnant," he told her handing her a cup. Naomi walked over to the bathroom and peed in the cup. She knew for sure she was not pregnant so there was no point.

She flushed and washed her hands before returning the sample to the doctor.

"Your results will be ready in an hour and if you are not pregnant then we will give you the shot," he said and she picked up her things.

"Thank you," she said before walking out.

"How was it?" Jillian asked looking at her arm for any sign.

"They have to make sure that I am not pregnant before giving me the shot," she said while Jillian followed behind her.

"Oh- wait what You did the deed?" she asked Naomi in shock.

"It happened" Naomi admitted and her friend cheesed very hard.

"I can't believe this," she said as they made their way to the car.

"Is there a chance that you could be pregnant?" she asks and Naomi quickly said no.

"I started my period the very next day" she shrugged her shoulders carelessly.

"I wanted to be an aunty," Jillian says in disappointment.

"From who exactly?" Naomi asked playing dumb.

"This girl, she is my best friend around five feet three" Jillian started before Naomi remembered something.

"I haven't forgotten about that boyfriend of yours that you mentioned," she said head-turning in Jillian's direction.

"He plays in the NBA," she said like it was nothing to her.

"How did you two meet?" Naomi started throwing questions at her.

"We were both at the same locations modeling for this latest sportswear company. Long story short we had a long conversation and then we became friends. He asked me out officially a few days before the dinner" Jillian clarified.

"What's his name?" Naomi asked once she realized she didn't get his name.

"His name is Zion," Jillian said opening the passenger door.

Naomi could tell this conversation was going nowhere so she decided to drop it for now. It's not that Jillian didn't want to tell her best friend, it's just that Zion has been acting weird so she didn't want to talk about him.

"When will your results be back?" she asks Naomi who was busy adjusting her mirrors and seat. Jillian drove to the appointment and Naomi was supposed to drive back.

"In an hour" she replied before pulling out of the parking lot.

Naomi's phone started ringing and she took a glance at the caller Id to see that it was Josiah.

"Hey love" she answered the phone hearing the conversation on the other end.

"When will you get here I miss you," he said, and just by the tone of his voice, she could tell he was wearing a pout.

"I never thought I would see that day you are head over heels for someone" she could hear Tony's voice on the other end.

"I'll be there in a few minutes," she told him she had some errands but she never said the address.

"Do you need me to pick up lunch?" she asks listening for his response.

"No thank you I had some lunch with Tony earlier" he responded when Naomi pulled up in the drive-thru line.

"What are you eating?" she asks Jillian rolling her windows down.

"Half strawberry salad," she told her and Naomi ordered it along with a coke.

She then ordered herself a ten-piece chicken nuggets with a strawberry lemonade. She realized that Josiah was still on the phone with her.

"I'll see you soon, bye I love you," she said about to hang up the phone.

"Where did you go today?" he asks her and she promised she would tell him later. They exchanged I love yous before she parking in the lot.

They ate their food over along conversation and before she knew it, her results came back and she was on the way yo the doctor's office.

Just as she predicted the results came back showing she was not pregnant. After receiving the shot in her arm it was time for her to head to work.

The doctor also told her all about the side effects of the shot.

"Have you heard about Tony getting a stripper pregnant?" Jillian asked her shocked. Tony's ways finally caught up to him and now he had a child on the way.